Pepper or No Pepper ?

M

MsDestiny

Every year my Brother-in-law and I get into an argument over Pepper... I come from a Family that throws black pepper into a animals Body cavity to cut down on the Flies and Hornets.. especially in the Heat until the critter can be butchered properly...

My Brother-in-law comes from a family that believes the Pepper will spoil the meat and will have to be washed or cut off... It's an endless arguement that has gone on for decades.

What do you guys do ?

Destiny

Sounds like a good one for Mythbusters. Personally, I would doubt that black pepper would harm the meat or deter bugs to any significant extent.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

+100 Joey. The Alaskan game bags are some of the best out there and they can be used over and over again (that is if your wife doesn't mind you putting bloody bags in her washing machine!). Regardless of whether you put pepper on it or not, the butcher will likely cut off the outside lining just because you can't keep it 100% clean and it will likely drie out before you get it to him. I have always tried to use the game bag theory.

It's always an adventure!!!

pepper wouldn't hurt a thing But use the game bags, they are cheap to make, take a old sheet and sew it so it makes a bag put it on the animal and tie it off good . It done and can be re-used alot of times.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

After using the bags, soak them in COLD WATER and then wash them and they will not be so blood soaked the next time you need one.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

+ 1 AWLB

game bags for sure, but I always carry pepper in my pack. it does not spoil the meat and it does cut way down on the number of flies and such. Great trick, because you don't always get those bags sealed well.

Game bags and some liquid game bag with is a combination of oil and pepper. The stuff works great and keeps the flys and yellow jackets away.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom