Pentax Ed vs Vortex Razor

B

Bullcanyon

Got a buddy looking at buying a new pair of mid range binoculars. He's got $900ish to spend. Which is better of the two listed in a 8 power? Or do you think there is a better glass for the money?

Thanks

Ive got a Pentax 85MM HD and it is super clear! I love it.

Timberline
479e683e07df5b74.jpg

"Live for somethin' or die for nothin'"

No comment on the Pentax but I love my 8x Razors. Bright, clear, and 400+ft field of view, and a reasonable price. A great bino

Take a look at the Minox HG's. I have them in 10x43 and think they are great. I compared them with the Vortex and went with the minox because of the big size and weight difference. Not sure how they compare with Pentax, but Doug at Cameraland could certainly offer some advice.

Bull Canyon,

I own the Razors in a 10x42 and they are terrific. I looked through the Pentax and they were terrific. I thought the color was better with the Vortex. The pentax's are very sharp to the edges. I like their sharpness better than the Swaro SLCs.

In that same price range, the Cabelas Euros are definitely worth considering, but I wouldn't trade my Razors for a Euro as they are that close to each other. The Euros and Pentax will be more compact, but the Razors are not too big for me.

Good luck, you can get terrific glass for that price range without too much trouble.

Firehawk

I have the pentax ed's and preferred them over the vortex. Their clear to the edges and the vortex were not. But I suggest you get them both and set them side by side and pick the best for you. Then send the pair back you don't like, Doug will work with you on this and will take them back if their in the same condition as you received it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-15-08 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]What are you using in the ED? I have looked for reviews throughout the forums, but have found very little. What bins have you compared them to, and what are your opinions?

I have the 10X43 SPs, and Ultravid 10X42. I really like the feel of the SPs, but the ultravids are superior. I have really wanted to try some EDs and see how they measure up.

Thanks,
Matt

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom