PENN STATE - GUTTED

Roy

NCAA came down HARD.

Highlights -

Four year bowl ban (means ALL current players can IMMEDIATELY transfer).

... Loss of 10 initial scholarships and 20 more PER YEAR for 4 years.

$60 Million Fine (proceeds to go to a charity set up for victims of sexual abuse).

ALL WINS vacated from 1998 - 2011 (Taking JoePa down to 298 wins from 409 - yeah 111 wins - OUCH OUCH OUCH)

Oh yeah, and they took the statue down on Sunday. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

http://espn.go.com/college-football...lion-fine-4-year-bowl-ban-wins-dating-1998See More

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

ROY.......PENN ST HAS NOT BEEN MIGHTY FOR MANY SEASONS. SOME SEASONS COMPLETELY OUT OF THE TOP 20 TEAMS.......KINDA LIKE NOTRE DAME,.......SOME WHAT OF A STRUGGLING PROGRAM AS OF LATE.....................YD.

Yeah YD - they have been a 2nd tier school for sure (Top tier would be the top 5 or 6 consistently over the past 10 years), but they consistently have one of the top 5 recruiting classes and are a veritable pillar of College Football.

Just got chopped down. It will be hard for them to completely recover in the near future. It's going to take a while.

The thing that I am most pleased about is the vacation of the 11 wins. JoePa was struggling following the '97-'98 season, if the scandal would have broken then, it could have very well spelled the end for JoePa. He had to cover it up to keep himself relevant and to keep on driving for more wins. It is purely symbolic, but it is a very powerful symbol.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

The next hammer to drop on PSU will be the lawsuits filed by the affected families. PSU will be paying for years to come and all because they chose to do the wrong thing.

Eldorado

Let's not forget the missing D.A. WHO WAS INESTIGATING THIS STORY ON THE ON GOING CHILD MOLESTATION!

> Let's not
>forget the missing D.A. WHO
>WAS INESTIGATING THIS STORY ON
>THE ON GOING CHILD MOLESTATION!
>

(INVESTAGATION)

>> Let's not
>>forget the missing D.A. WHO
>>WAS INESTIGATING THIS STORY ON
>>THE ON GOING CHILD MOLESTATION!
>>
>
> (INVESTAGATION)

(INVESTIGATION) ;-)

There's a new sheriff in town and it's not the football dept. at PSU. The NCAA set an example today for sure that you can't let a university get bigger than doing the right thing. I thought we should protect children at any cost and the brass at PSU didn't. Like Desmond Howard said on espn today. The football players all have a choice to move on to other schools that can play in bowl games, they have choices. The victims had no choices. Congrats to he NCAA for having a set.

They got off easy!!! The entire program needs to be shut down, joe should be wiped off the NCAA record book completely! The chain of lives devastated by this will never be stopped!
This is a slap on the wrist!!!

Traditional >>>------->

I guessed that they would lose 4 years of bowl games, I wonder what Joe Pa's his family is going to say now? Real sad story.

Seems to me that a lot of people who had no knowledge or involvement are going to suffer from this decision.

Hang the guilty, but don't "toss out the baby with the bathwater" as they say.

Somehow reminds me of Dean Wormer and Neidermeyer from the movie "Animal House" PSU is now officially on double-double secret probation......

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

The Big 10 hit them as well. They receive no bowl revenue which is shared in the Big 10 for 4 years. I feel sorry for the abused children of course but the tax payers of Pennsylvania as well, civil suit payouts and NCAA penalty payouts and lack of their average 60 million per annual football revenue will affect the university. Hopefully a wake up call for all universities.

I had no idea that a college program could come up with 6 Million let alone 60 million.

Is there that kind of money in college football or did they just pull that # out of their azz? Was it intended to make sure they could not pay it and closed the program?

It is a shame that these people chose their stupid college football program over doing what is right. Hope the lesson is learned.

The $60 Million is roughly the equivalent of 1 year of revenues for Penn State, one of the more wealthy programs across the country, at least revenue-wise.

HOOK 'EM!

Big Time College Football is a huge money making enterprise. The TV deals are there, the sponsors, advertising, and the Big stadiums are completely sold out every single game. Similar revenues with the Pro's, with College football though, there are no salaries going to the players!

I feel for past and current Penn St. ball players. It's not their fault yet from just having played there, they will forever be attached by association.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

>The $60 Million is roughly the
>equivalent of 1 year of
>revenues for Penn State, one
>of the more wealthy programs
>across the country, at least
>revenue-wise.

Would not have guessed 60million a year in revenue. Got to assume there is a big difference between revenue and profit.

Not really Paul - most big time, major NCAA football programs have an operating budget of around $20 - $25 million per year, but have a profit margin of around 70%. Last year Penn State generated $70,208,584 in total revenue with $19,780,939 in expenses with a profit to the University of $50,427,645. 71% profit margin. So, it should only take them one or two years to pay this off completely.

This page will blow you mind - total eye opener.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/...ketball-programs-produce-the-largest-profits/

HOOK 'EM!

Note that the $60 million is FOOTBALL revenue only.

........that does not count the
$14,000 that Lacrosse, Rowing and Mens Tennis brings in, so the sports program will survive.

"I could eat a bowl of Alphabet Soup and
sh!t a better argument than that!"

>Note that the $60 million is
>FOOTBALL revenue only.
>
>........that does not count the
>$14,000 that Lacrosse, Rowing and Mens
>Tennis brings in, so the
>sports program will survive.
>
Not sure where you came up with that. Football and men's basketball are usually the only programs that make money for universities, and I doubt the dreadful Penn State men's basketball program has every made a profit. Fact is, the financial penalties and missed income opportunities (bowl games, etc.) that the University will miss out on will negatively impact every single sports program at the University.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

I think he meant that all those programs together brought in $14K total.

Sarcasm.

But yes, you are totally right. Most other athletics programs depend on football revenues. The other sports at Penn State will survive though. They have already (since the announcement of the Sandusky trial) received somewhere about $200 million in donations from alumni and boosters.

HOOK 'EM!

so your saying with out foot ball every school in the us would be closed, i say bs, get real with the sports' and maybe we could survive in the world' we need great leaders not over paid quarter backs ect,,,pen state shows us how bad it really is'

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom