Pedestal?

C

ctrickle

Hi guys, first post, long time viewer. You know one of them guys that just enjoys all the entertainment:).
I am looking for some info on pedestal's. It will be for a caribou that I took this year. I dont know for sure what style that I want to go with yet. Due to lack of space I think the pedestal its self will not be used all that often, but still want something cool for it. Let me know if anyone has some info. Thanks

LAST EDITED ON Dec-12-09 AT 01:12PM (MST)[p]

I thought I had better add a pic, to pursued some info

photo.jpg

man that's a great caribou! im thinking shoulder mount! but id try to find a wall pedisal, try van dykes and makenzie's they have a good selection.

Thanks guys, I will say I feel pretty lucky to have had the chance to take such a great bou! It was a great hunt. I dont disagree with the lifesize and it truely deserves to be, I just dont want it to live in Cabelas!lol I am thinking of a dark pedestal with mabey a granite of some sort for the top? I would really like to hear some opions and see some different styles. Come check it out at the Expo!! It should turn out really good!! Mabey with some great advice from you guys it will be even better.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-13-09 AT 08:28AM (MST)[p]ctrickle,

That is one awesome caribou! Did you save the velvet? I am looking at doing a pedestal mount for my Rocky Mt. Bighorn. I am planning on using a piece of burl wood, either buckeye or redwood. There is a guy here in Ogden that makes them. Let me know if you're interested.

Velvet was saved on him. It looks as good as it did in the pic. I woud like to see some pic's of them if you have any.

great bull. whats the one next to it look like

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

Wow what a beautiful bull. I agree that a slab of granite will give it a good look. I'm sure it will look beautiful no matter what you do with it. Love that mass and velvet.

JR

Heres a mount Paul Penny did with a granite top. also a cherry wood pedestal that NvrEnuf had made for his deer.

Yelum

4b27a28804083b26.jpg

4b27a2f405d2e269.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-09 AT 09:31AM (MST)[p]The web site for the burl wood is http://www.burlandbeyond.com/index.html He doesn't have a lot of examples of pedistal mounts on his site, but I know he's done several.
I'm going to pick out the piece of wood that best fits my sheep and the area that I'm putting it. If you have any more questions email me at [email protected]

Heres a picture of the table they made for my entry out of Buckeye.
4b27b4d262ee08fb.jpg

And this is the table that they made out of redwood. I am leaning toward using a piece of redwood for my rocky.
4b27b51b66dce312.jpg

That is one awesome bull. Please tell us the story.

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Thanks again guys, I really like that one with the elk on it. I like the shape and ability to set pic's or something with it as well.
The bull next to it is also a really good Bou! I dont want to put up any pics without permission though.

There were four of us that went on the excursion this fall. It was a great hunt and we all did really well!! We went up and visited Arctic Red in the NW territories. With the four of us we had 460, 430, 420 and 380 (crazy how they all scored even like that) :) I cant tell the "story", and now I probly just opend myself up for more crys for pictures. Thanks for the photos of pedestals. Keep em coming

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom