Paving the Book Cliffs road

TripleK

Long Time Member
Well...they're going to do it. Big oil wins and all who would benefit from the $$ produced (like Utah Educators Association etc.) are backing it. The road through the Books will be paved. Highway 40 and I-70 will be connected and they're even talking major roads through Hay and Main Canyons. Shipping black wax crude to the railroad on the other side in Grand County.

There is already major oilfield traffic out there and it will be great for those guys to have a paved road and I can't complain because it's what puts bread on my table but I just hate to see it happen. I knew it was inevitible over the last few years as activity and traffic out there had greatly increased, but I still don't love to see it.

Well that's it. The end of the Bookcliffs as we know it.

DAMN!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Well at least it will get rid of all those damn washboards!! lol

No really, that sucks, that's definately going to ruin it.

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

WELL!!!

WE'VE KNOWN THIS WAS COMMING FOR QUITE SOME TIME!!!

I WONDER HOW MANY MORE ROADKILLS WE CAN STAND IN THIS STATE???

OH YA!!!

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME IT WAS ALL PROGRESS!!!

I HATE TO SEE IT!!!

I'VE ALWAYS ENJOYED ENHALING A FOOT OF DUST OR PLAYING IN THE SOUP!!!

REMINDS ME OF A PLACE WHEN I WAS A KID!!!

IT USE TO TAKE 2-1/2 HOURS TO GET TO THIS PLACE ON THIS RIVER!!!

ONCE THERE ME & MY FRIENDS ALWAYS BROUGHT OUT A 6+ LB BROWN OR TWO OUT & I'M TALKIN EVERY TIME WE WENT!!!

WELL THAT SAME SPOT ON THE RIVER!!!

YOU CAN NOW BE THERE IN 20 MINUTES & I'LL GUARANTEE YOU NOTHING MORE THAN PISSCUTTERS TO BE CAUGHT!!!

SO WE CALL THIS PROGRESS???

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

That's the truth Bobcat! I remember when they paved the road in to Little Hole too - I was pissed then too. This has just about ruined my day. They are only in the EIS phase though. Let's hope the toadflax is so thick they enviros won't let it happen. Maybe we will start to have some Mexican Spotted Owl and Black Footed Ferret sightings out there! I would never stoop to be an enviro-terrorist but I might help them find a new endangered species or two! Maybe we could use some condors out there - they might just make it there!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I remember the 4 hour drive that now takes 1 hour to where we used to hunt. That's when you'd see a couple other groups of hunters a week and the deer hunting was like it'll never be again. Guess I have the memories.

Tiplek,

Is there a news release, route etc. I sure don't like the idea and would like to hear/read more.

Beanman

Sure sorry to hear that for all you Basinites. It will never be the same. Sucks big time. Now you know why I'm a lib-enviro. Already happened in my neck of the woods.

RUS

I've been there also, with the paved roads. Nothing like seeing a Corvette or a Cadillac driving through your hunting grounds.:(

One of my favorite evening blacktail hunts was to still hunt this old dirt road on the ridge top. Now it's paved!

Our favorite duck blind on Gunther Island is now under the "new" Bay Bridge.

Stuff like that wears you down after awhile.

Eel

Look on the brightside, now all the basonites that go to the Jeep safari in Moab can cut their drive in half!!

(but i agree with the roadkill thing, that will be a mess!!)

Skull Krazy
"No Bones About It"

That sucks. Camping is going to be a thing of the past. Unless you draw out for the camping spot you put in for.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom