Passing of great one

Not sure how great he was. He took some already invented stuff and put it together in a rectangle box. congratulations Steve, you just changed a cell phone, and put an already invented MP3 player device into a new box.

Steve Jobs was good at marketing. Thats pretty much it.

He took the basics of what someone invented, improved it tenfold and made things everyone had to have. He told you what you wanted before you knew you wanted it. The guy was a genius.

A lot of people are good at marketing. Very few make it to 39th on Forbes at a measly $7 billion.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Haha, i never said he was a bad marketer. He pandered to people who "need" technology. None of us "needed" any of that stuff, but he made you think you needed it. thats what he was good at. societal manipulation. Just funny that everyone praises someone for successful marketing of an internet phone. The passing of any person is sad, i just think its funny how many people are broken up over it.

Not to mention over half the stuff you all love so much already existed. But they put it in a pretty package and woah, I must have it. gimmie a break. Bill Gates is a far more intelligent and better innovator and a better humanitarian AND still alive and making an impact.

Anyone notice the increase in Microsoft's stock price when that news was announced? do i smell conspiracy?

>Haha, i never said he was
>a bad marketer. He
>pandered to people who "need"
>technology. None of us
>"needed" any of that stuff,
>but he made you think
>you needed it. thats
>what he was good at.
> societal manipulation. Just
>funny that everyone praises someone
>for successful marketing of an
>internet phone. The passing
>of any person is sad,
>i just think its funny
>how many people are broken
>up over it.
>
>Not to mention over half the
>stuff you all love so
>much already existed. But
>they put it in a
>pretty package and woah, I
>must have it. gimmie
>a break. Bill Gates
>is a far more intelligent
>and better innovator and a
>better humanitarian AND still alive
>and making an impact.
>
>Anyone notice the increase in Microsoft's
>stock price when that news
>was announced? do i
>smell conspiracy?

Sounds like you know them. Say hi to Bill for me.

If I'm remembering right he invested in Pixar when no one else would. They wouldnt be around if not for him. So if nothing else he has helped me keep my kids quite for a few hours.

I agree that much of the drama surrounding his death was overplayed. It is somewhat sinister though to discount his accomplishments as though he is just a poser. Nobody needed a car when the model T rolled out but it was a significant redefining moment to transportation. Compare him to Gates and he is a failure I guess. Less of a failure however than you or I compared to Gates. I am also confused as to how his ending up dead from a horrible cancer is defeat compared to the triumph of Gates still living??? BTW, I do not own a single apple product. I can recognize historical significance though. Regardless of who you compare him to, he had a huge impact on multiple industries, and is a symbol of the American dream rising from a single semester of college to billionaire CEO of a massive tech company, Pixar, and a sitting member of the Disney board.
h4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom