parralex adjustments

deepforks

how many of you with pa on your scopes really use it. im getting to understand it better. basically you want to adjust for the distance you are shooting to elimate the parralex and get your cross hairs to appear "fixed" instead of the illusion of movement...something like that. ive read a lot about the fact that the actual distance points on most scopes are not even correct. they suggest you re-mark every 50 yards by checking it yourself. ive got a burris sig. select with pa that ive yet to mount. guess i need to play with it a bit. how many guys with high power scopes dont use them and feel they dont need to?

I bought a Nikon last year with the PA and doubt I'll ever use it. I also researched it and came to the conclusion that it would likely not be needed or used, unless I really plan to practice long range shooting. For me in hunting situations, unless you have lots of time to adjust it and have practiced using it, and are confident in it, I don't think the potential additional accuracy would make a difference (unless your shooting very long ranges...say 500 yds plus). By no means am I an optics expert so that's my "common hunter" take on it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom