Parker Mountain Goat

S

SomeGuy

450ae05533ef6f68.jpg

Here is a picture of the goat I killed on the Parker. I got him on 09/10/06.

Nice looking goat. Give us the story. I drew that tag a few years ago and took one with a smoke pole. One of the funnest hunts around. congrats. Looks heavy, have you taped him yet.

I hunted him the first two days of the hunt. It was around five in the afternoon the second day before I got a good shot at him, and that was the end of him. We rough scored him out at
77 2/8.

Nie speed goat, thanks for posting. Oh yeah.....welcome to the board!

BOHNTR )))----------->

Thanks man I have been reading the forum for a while, after I killed my goat I decided I better sign up and post pictures.

SomeGuy-

That's a great one, looks like you had some fun. I had this tag back about 5 yrs. ago too, but I think you beat me by just a bit. That's a great hunt, eh? And high enough it's not so danged hot.

Come to think of it I was hunting on that mt. on 9/12/01. Nothing moving in the sky whatsoever at night...that's a strange feeling.

Ya it was one of the funnest hunts I have been on, how big was the antelope you killed? And it was pretty cold up there in the mornings, it rained on us everyday we were up there.

That's a terrific pronghorn for the Parker (Plateau) Unit. He looks heavy and hooks well, you got a nice one for sure.

We'll be up next month as my son drew the second hunt. If he can find a buck of that caliber he'll be glad to take him!

It's beautiful country and a great place to camp and take the family. Can't wait to get back up there.

Congrats on your fine trophy and welcome to the site.

Jim

Thanks Jim, There are still some big ones out there, the thing I found is to find an area that does not have a lot of roads through it. I know that is kinda hard cause there are roads everywhere out there but the spot I found had quite a few big bucks in it, and everybody else seemed to just be road hunting.
Anyways I hope that helps a little, and good luck to your son,look forward to hearing from you after his hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom