Panquitch muzzy hunt

S

stumpjumper

Hunted all nine days of the hunt. Was dissapointed in the number of bigger deer we Didn't see. Alot of spikes and forkies, a repeat of 3 years ago. Was hoping the area had improved in that time but we sure didn't see that. The only shootable, bigger than a forkie, was a 3x in the headlights of the quad coming off the mnt. at night and a road kill. No meat in the freezer this year.
As always had alot of fun and the stunning sceanery with all the fall colors was just compensation.

I hear ya theres lots of little bucks. For the first time in the last three years the fawn crop looked much better. Hopefully the winter fairs them well. I really think the freaking massive full moon was not a help. The better bucks I found were bedded before light. Ive still got the rifle and fingers crossed to run into a good one.

I agree that this unit is packed with yearling bucks. I only saw one small 3x3 on my archery hunt after five days of hunting. I know of a few monsters that were taken in the muzzle loader, but they have been watching those bucks all summer. I know the yearlings got slayed during the muzz hunt and I expect the rifle hunters will get frustrated and take even more yearling bucks off the mountain. The best thing for that unit would be no snow during the rifle hunt and that a few people decided not to fill their tags.

I put this amazing video together after my archery hunt.

Dillon
www.dillonhoyt.com

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom