Panhandle Bear Hunt

H

hillrunner

Hey all,
I am looking to do a spring bear hunt this year in the panhandle. I am vaguely familiar with the area around Kellogg/Pinehurst. I was thinking of somewhere east/north of there towards the MT line perhaps. Is my best bet to spot and stalk or maybe bait. I have bear hunted in MT before where there is much better visibility. I am really not locked into an area, but would like to stay in the northern part. From what I have gathered there are plenty of bears, just not sure best method or if I am looking in a decent area. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We hunt the panhandle and do really well. The northern part of the panhandle is all walk and stalk. No baiting or hounds allowed, because of the grizzly bears. Thats what makes it such a great walk and stalk hunt - no other competition.

We find that the later you go in May the better unless we get a really early warm spring. Find the new grass/clover covered logging roads and walk them looking for bears and scat. Find these roads with scat and you will have an excellant chance for a bear. Great time of year and a fun hunt!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom