palisades antlered elk

P

pineknob

Hi,
I'm looking for antlered elk primarily in unit 67. No 4-wheeler. No horse. help?

Hey Gang,
I'm still hoping I can get some tips. I'm taking my dad over there and this will be my first bull hunt. I hunted in the big desert and wanted to try something different this year but have had little time to get over there. I do have maps I have been reviewing. I am leaning towards hunting near the scenic byway between driggs and swan valley. does that sound like a good option?

What little I know about 67 is it's mostly a horse unit. It's not a unit I would put in for if I didn't have horses. Should of done your research. Get on google and look at the terrain.

Good luck..can you get an elk with no four wheeler or horses, yes would i want to depends on what kind of shape i am in..They have some monster bulls in there but there is a reason i dont hunt it steep country

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 05:00PM (MST)[p]thanks frontier and huntinfeaver.
I may not be in best game shape but I can run hard on a basketball court for an hour and cruise through the rest of my day. So, we will go for it. We will pack in on foot few miles and see what we find. who knows. I did look at it in person and it is crazy steep where we are going. Looks like a good place to hide if you didn't want to be found. For now, we are hunting deer in 55. My dad has that tag so I hope I can help him find a nice buck.

My son just packed camp out of there from a moutain goat hunt yesterday. At the back range (9000 ft.) there was 22" of new snow! Hopefully it will settle and melt some, but looks like winter in the high country is here.

>My son just packed camp out
>of there from a moutain
>goat hunt yesterday. At the
>back range (9000 ft.) there
>was 22" of new snow!
>Hopefully it will settle and
>melt some, but looks like
>winter in the high country
>is here.

I live in Teton Valley. There is more snow on the way! Bring your hiking legs, good boots and gaiters. Lot's of grizz sign this season as well.

The more people I meet the more I like my dogs

Thanks!
I was planning for there to be snow but was going to wait until early next week to call the ranger station for conditions. That helps because I may still have time to get some gaiters. I did get some new winter pac boots and waterproof camo pants. I tested the boots out by walking through lots of snow and a creek on monday and only got a minor leak while sloshing in the creek. I am getting so excited its hard to stay on track. Good luck everyone!

i can't remember but is sheep crk in the area your hunting, cause i seen a huge bull up in there a few years back

I was on the Wyoming side a few days ago in Region G. You will need waterproof Gators. Cabelas has them and without them it would have been tough.

The snow is deep if you get abouve 8000 ft. It was melting last week but more will come tomorrow. It was getting down to about 8 degrees at night at our camp so come prepared for COLD. I carry a small propane torch for plumbers in my pack so I can start a fire no matter what.

Be safe.

"One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom