Packs....

D

DBake

Hey Guys, I am new to the board I have post some questions in other topics and this is my first for this. If you haven't seen my other post, I am almost 20 almost half way threw college and just now getting interested in hunting and shooting. Looking back now and kicking myself for not going with my dad when he oftered to take and teach me. Now I am just looking to gather knowledge intill I have time to get out and start hunting, hopefuly next fall.

My question is about packs.

Do hunters own more than one pack or use a common back for different types of trip (1 day to 4 day/night trip)?

Common sizes of packs? I have checked out cabela's and have seen a range of packs.

Right now I am just interested in the packs, if you could also add on what are common take along items on hunts also. (First Aid, Maps/Compus, Radio, Extra Clothes) what eles?

DBake

If you look through old posts on the subject of packs(in the public or general hunting forums) you will find that it has been beaten to death.
Most guys who have and use packs around this site are just as pack crazy as they are hunting crazy. I'm sure everybody has two or three....or four. I kinda lost track myself. Go to the store, try a few on, throw some weight in them and walk around. Buy one that fits you and is comfortable. As you use it and gain experience hunting you will probably want one more directly suited to your needs. Pretty soon you'll have a closet full of them.

The Gear Oh The Gear-----

Every hunters passion is almost as much into the gear as it is in the actual hunting.

I am mostly a bowhunter, but i think the gear can be universal across the board.

Packs-- I use a badlands 2200, they are tuff as hell and when ya do end up tearing them to pieces they'll fix em for free.

Alot of ones gear is totaly dependent on the quarry, most likely you wont use the same gear for quail hunting as you would for sheep hunting. But some items will go needed across the board, GPS, Compus, FirstAid, Optics, ETC. soon youll realize the size Pack you choose will never be big enough!!!

LittleBear

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom