pac boots

T

treinwalker

I am in the market for a new pair of pac boots prices are all in all about the same whites, schnees, and kennetrek. What would you guys reccomend/not reccomend and why? Going to be doing a lot of lion hunting with them looking for experiences with warmth and dryness, any help would be appreciated thanks

I have never hunted lions but I would guess that a heavy "pac" boot would not be very helpful in being successful at chasing lions?? Seems like there is the possiblity to do a lot of walking in snow...

As far as specific boots, cant help you there cause I can't remember the name of my boots. I have had them for 17 years... they work great for ice fishing or sitting on the deer stand all day for whitetails.
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I have the whites, and use them for cat hunting. I like them quite a bit, I put insoles in the bottom and they are excellent. I think they are all good though, my brother has Kennetrac and likes them as well

I have the Schnees since 2005 and love them. Mostly Nevada chucker hunts with all of the airbobs still intact.You must treat the leather uppers to keep them dry but well worth the effort as they wear like my regular hunting boots and keep my feet warm and dry. BH1

Kennetrek boots and Lorpen socks are the best combo for me. I can not put in to words how much comfort Kennetrek boots bring to me in the field. Well worth the money...

I got a pair of 14" LaCrosse Mountaineers last winter. I haven't done anything near as physical as lion hunting with them, but so far they have been good. They're quite a bit cheaper the Kenetrek or Schnees equivilant. I would have gone with the Schnees last year if the model I wanted had not been out of stock. Mine have 200 grams of insulation, which is about what I'd guess you'd want for lion hunting.

I've hunted in Schnee's since 2002 and they along with quality wool socks have kept my feet dry and warm. The coldest conditions I've hunted was about 0 degrees with a strong north wind. Good Luck with your choice. Baker

thanks for the responses guys I went out and bought a pair of Whites on Saturday bottomline decision was right on the side of them it says Made In The USA might have cost me an extra 20 bucks but maybe it will keep one of the neighbors somewhere a job for an extra day, not made in finland like the others. It looked to me they all used the same brand of inserts though. thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom