Over-tighteners

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I got my propane tank re-filled today. I had to put a cheater bar on the shut off valve to crack it open.

I hate people who over tighten everything.

Nobody, and I mean NO-BODY is allowed to change my oil filter but me, for that reason.

Eel

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.

There are people that say I over tighten things!

Knew a Guy that had Arthritis extremely Bad & couldn't tighten things very tight with just his hands!

But By GAWD He had a 'Cheater' for any Tool!

And everything He ever tightened up was put together Dry,JUDAS!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

I hate when people oil field tight stuff..... I try to be nice and put cooper coat or some type of thread type to help break things loose

Eel, then you don't want me putting your threaded piping together!

My old boss always said, "put some muscle in it, that's cheap, Leaks are expensive! He later recanted when he had to take some of my work apart. lol

A lot of the threaded fittings a guy buys these days are junk! I make them up tight! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

When I had to run a screwdriver thru an oil filter to get it off, I quit lettin knuckleheads change my oil too! U ain't alone!

How about those guys at the tire shop? I swear they set their torque wrench at 1000 lbs. You gotta stand on the tire iron and bounce up and down to break them loose. Pisses me off.

Eel

>I got my propane tank re-filled
>today. I had to put
>a cheater bar on the
>shut off valve to crack
>it open.
>
>I hate people who over tighten
>everything.
>
>Nobody, and I mean NO-BODY is
>allowed to change my oil
>filter but me, for that
>reason.
>
>Eel
>
>Nobody goes there anymore. It's too
>crowded.
>
>

Think again, fine young friend.

changeoil.jpg

I Have made a few Wagers on Busting Pipe Loose that nobody else could break loose with a 48" RIDGID!

I Own a couple of RIDGID Compound Leverage Wrenches!

One for/up to 6"!

And!

One for/up to 8"!

When somebody Like Uncle sage Has gave it their Best Tighten Job I Can take them back apart!:D

They are Wrenches you just kinda use a couple times in your Life knowing You'll never get your money out of them!

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Bess, I ain't out to show people how tight i can make em up, just want to make sure that it's tight enough and don't leak!

Bess, I need one of them big wrenches, 24" is as big as i got. I needed bigger the other day for the first time in 8 years.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Joey, I can certainly appreciate how you do things and understand completely why a plumbing fixture NEEDS to be tight. A leaky joint can be expensive, especially if allowed to drip for years inside a wall or other hidden area.

One of my jobs at the sawmill was to go up into the mill at lunch time and change edger saws. One saw (in a bank of 10 saws) is a fixed saw and is held in place with three allen headed set screws on a shiftable arm. They need to be snug, but if you over tighten them, you'll spend the entire lunch time breaking them free. Most of the time you have to get a torch and heat the plate up. The mill was running 2 shifts and so I was always working behind the night filer who changed saws on his shift. He and I almost came to blows several times. LOL! We even got him a torque wrench, but he never could figure out the proper way to use it. Ugh! Retirement is soooo sweet!:)

Eel

It's the things were gonna b taken off 10 times a yr that I think yer swingin at eel. A plumbing fixture u hope to not take apart for 10 - 15yrs you bet, hawk it in it. My lug nuts or oil filter, not so much. I don't own an oil filter wrench I hand tighten it and at 3000 miles I take it off by hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom