Over the counterdeer tags?

nickman

Long Time Member
So, I and my circle of six, failed to draw a tag in ANY of our out of state draws.

Is there anybody who would care to give advice on the possibility of coming to Idaho, buying over the counter tags, and maybe seeing some new country. Any input would be appreciated....We would be happy to drop about $10k in Idaho!

I have 2 weeks in November and I need to be huntin' somewhere!!!!

most of the general hunts are in oct. you can hunt whitetails up north in nov. lots of units to hunt with lots of different country to choose but like i said most in oct.

Depending on what you want to do.

There is some very good Whitetail hunts to be had in the Clearwater region. (stay in Grangeville or Orofino and hunt USFS, State, BLM.) or buy some permission, 10k will get you on just about any land you want, hell 1k will get you a lot of ground to hunt for a week.

If the Selway b tag is still avaliable you could be hunting elk. That tag is good for September as well... (this is a hard hunt)

There might be some Muzzle loader cow tags open then.

You could also do a late mule deer up the Salmon River OTC as well. (that would be a good combo with an elk tag) (and a jet boat or horse. look around and I bet you could rent a jet boat trip from an outfitter and have them drop you off and pick you up.

Do a fly-in drop camp from Boise to the Frank B Church Wilderness Area. For under $1000 bucks your whole party can be dropped on a runway in the largest wilderness area in the Lower 48. Hunt deer and you can kill a wolf with your deer tag if you want. (this is expected to be law by this fall).

Great fishing in some alpine lakes too.

Grizzly

If you are archery hunters, you can hunt 55 in the rut with a bow. I know a guy (on Hoyt prostaff) who kills a 30+ buck in that unit every year.

Grizzly

Depends on what you want to hunt whiteys, muleys good info on above you looking to kill something great just get out to hunt see some amazing country. How good of shape are you in some of salmon is hell to hunt.

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

So, mainly, we just want to get away and see some new country.

We would like to be in the southwest section of the state, maybe east of Jordan Valley and west of Nampa.

We will be bringing the wives, so we would like someplace that had a trailer park with hookups, that wasn't far from some public ground we could access. We would like a chance to see some deer, using day hikes into whatever area is available.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I have requested fish and game, send me a regs book, but I don't know how far I'll get with that.

If that is the case, you better rule out the late hunts up the salmon river.

Of the stuff I listed, the Whitetail hunts out of the Clearwater Region would be your best bet.

Good hookups in Jordan Valley and a great Basque restaurant. The little JV Cafe isn't bad at all for breakfast and lunch!

Nickman, Did what springbear said last year, got busted on all draws, have a buddy with an in around Elk City. I never hunted whitetail before but had a blast, had a real sweet spot to stay too,There is alot of country and alot of tree's, We ended up with two bucks, and it was the best eating deer I ever had.RAS.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-08-10 AT 07:15PM (MST)[p]Nickman, PM sent!

Ras! White tail is the best eating venison, period!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom