over the counter elk advice

N

nvribsplitter

i live in elko nv, im looking for advice on over the counter elk in the southern part of idaho. any advice on where, when, and what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

lets say from boise down maybe even salmon down. as little traveling as possible. looking for some accesable fairly open area.

Well there ain't much in Idaho on an OTC tag that is fairly open and accessable. Without going to far back, I would look at units 23, 24, 32, 32a, 39. All of these units hold a fair amount of elk and the success rates are around 15%. Get on Google Earth and look for the kind of terrain you like.

I think that is about as much information as you deserve to get off an internet post. Everyone works too hard to build up knowledge over time to give it away. once you get in the woods and work, some folks may give you some more specifics.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom