Over 3000 yards. Too far?

I

Idabow

Brad Star from with Cross Canyon Arms is going to try to take an antelope from over 3,000 yards. At the 6:20 mark you can see him show up and then they talk about his .408.

http://vimeo.com/33887974

He doesn't do it on the video, but he talked about it. Has he done it yet? I'd like to know how that turns out.

That ain't a camel toe, that's a moose knuckle!

To hell with the yardage question, that was an amazing video, feat and task these boys did......it even made me emotional because as a professional guide myself, i knew what they were feeling whan they did their jobs successfully......wow, what a clip, thanks for sharing!!!!

I'm not a guide, but I did serve in the military. It was very amazing. My hat's off to those who help and support the troops.

His name is Brad Stair & he has worked a few of my Guns over!

He told me my 375RUM is a PISSCUTTER!:D

That was nice!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-12 AT 04:20PM (MST)[p]Brad bulit a gun for me. Had to wait for him to get caught up on all of the guns he was building for the miltary guys.He said he would build my gun the same way. Like my life depended on it !
It was cool to hear all of the stories the snipers would bring back with them and share.
Great video !!! Thanks for posting it up. It was great to see him take that shot out at 600 yards. Pretty amazing for a blind man to hit a target out that far.

Cool vid, gun, hunt, organization. Cool of R&K hunting to help make it happen. Richens and Kimball are good guys.

....you shoot into enough caves...sooner or later you'll hit a bear

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Due to the title of this thread I almost didn't even open it up let alone watch this amazing video. For the life of me I can't see why anyone would title this thread the way it was titled after watching that footage. This video is a must see for anyone hunter or not! I'm with Slamdunk on this this one. A blind one armed Vet kills a bull with one shot at about 250 yards! Simply AMAZING! Just an outstanding video it's a shame this thread was titled the way it was.

azhuntography, feel free to repost the link with whatever title you want. You want to talk about how great the video is, that's fine, do it.

I wanted to know what people thought about shooting beyond 3000 yards.

Way cool video!

As far as shooting that .408 at 3000 yds, it'd be wicked if he got it done, but I just don't see it happening unless the moon and stars and the tea leaves all come together for it. The logistics of that bullet flight is just insane. Not saying that its not possible, just unlikely (obviously).

The difference between saying "I'm going to try and kill an antelope at 3000 yds this year with it" and actually doing it are two ENTIRELY different things.

Mike

LAST EDITED ON Apr-16-12 AT 12:44PM (MST)[p]Very heart-warming to see so many guys willing to help a vet! I loved it.

As far as shooting 3000 yards; I think it should be shot only on a target... not an animal (but that's the ethics cop in me, I guess) I've shot quite a bit out to ranges of 750 to 1000 and there's a bunch of "doping" the wind at those ranges. I guess 3000 yards would be way worse. With enough shots I suppose a guy could hit anything, at 3000 yads, somewhere on the body!!!!!!!!!! (or leg). For a sniper it would be a good thing but for hunting it would be bad! Just my 2 cents.

While I'm ranting, when did a sporting arm (or gun), used for hunting, become a "weapon"?????????? When I cut a steak I don't call my knife a weapon!!!!!!!!

Zeke

Yeah - I agree that this video is the star and the 3000 yard shot issue is just another argument.

I reposted the thread here:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID5/19364.html

But to comment on the possibility of a 3000 yard shot - well, if it can be done, then it is something that they should definitely try. That would have a lot of implications for military use that few hunters would ever be able to afford to do. More power too them, but like MichaelJ said - get it done first, then we can talk about it.

Thanks for posting Idabow! Hopefully we will get two cool threads out of it.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

As I said before, I served in the military, and this vid is simply amazing and I have great respect for all those that serve and those that help them.

I was curious because I know that Brad Stair is from Utah and I wondered if anyone knew if he'd made the shot yet. Just curious if anything came of it.

Thanks for reposting the video under a more appropriate title, I hope everyone enjoys it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom