Outfitter Tags

B

Blixen

I've done a search but cant seem to find an answer. Do outfitters receive tags for their area that they can give out/sell at their discretion? Thanks
Blixen

I heard from an outfitter recently talking about his area having leftover archery bull and rifle cow tags. I didnt think that list was out. Maybe he's basing his assumption on historical numbers. I guess come June and July that information will be made public at which time other units may have leftover tags.
Anyone know if the general bull elk tag ever has leftovers?

Wyoming Game and Fish are on the ball this year, they posted the 2011 elk draw odds at the same time they posted the draw. You can look at these and see where there will be leftovers. If you can figure it out.

The General Special random NR draw had 343 tags and 294 first, second and third choice applicants. I don't know what they do with those 49 tags. They could go into the regular price draw pool or could be leftovers, I don't know.

There will be leftover cow tags and maybe some type 9 archery only tags and maybe some LE units.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-25-11 AT 06:50PM (MST)[p]Any tags left after the other draws are completed are put into the final draw, which is the Regular Random. Go into the Draw Odds under Hunting on the left side of the website homepage and then click on the 2011 line for elk. Then click on the Random Draw, which is the first line. Go down through all the units and you can see where tags were left and then look to see if there were more applicants than tags. That will show you some of what will be left for sale in July. There are some either sex tags left here and there, but not very many. After the residents have their drawing later in the year, then any of those tags that are left will be up for sale in July first-come first-serve. Therefore, if the unit a nonresident wants to hunt is not on the present list, it may show up in the leftover list the G&F puts out after the resident draw. Hope that helps a little!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom