Outfitter murdered

That is horrible. Lucky he didn't kill the wife too.

Sad day.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-13 AT 03:44PM (MST)[p]sounds to me like there was something going on with Rodriguez and the shooters wife. Kind of odd that he would be there after 10 PM drinking wine with another mans wife!!!

That is exactly why you dont fool around with someones wife, I feel bad for the kid though, Not the others involved

BFD.........sleep with dogs you will get fleas

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

For everyone's information---The police are saying that she worked for a gun manufacturer in the area and he had met her at a trade show. They claim they don't believe there was any kind of a romantic relationship between the two and they were at the kichen table when the husband walked in and gunned him down.

>For everyone's information---The police are saying
>that she worked for a
>gun manufacturer in the area
>and he had met her
>at a trade show.
>They claim they don't believe
>there was any kind of
>a romantic relationship between the
>two and they were at
>the kichen table when the
>husband walked in and gunned
>him down.

Yeah, and Bill Clinton said he never had sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.

That is awful for the boy!
As far as him being there with that other guys wife at 2220, WTF? I have no clue other than the article but I don't believe for one second it was just business...

Can't blame the guy for shooting him, I had the very same thought when I found a man in my house with my ex. I am afraid of where I would be at if I hadn't seen my daughter come out of her room st that same moment...

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-08-13 AT 08:10PM (MST)[p]"For everyone's information---The police are saying that she worked for a gun manufacturer in the area and he had met her at a trade show. They claim they don't believe there was any kind of a romantic relationship between the two and they were at the kichen table when the husband walked in and gunned him down."

Really. those are some naive police!!!!

thank god for mm at times like these. I went to the accurate reloading forum and the one other. Both have this up and everyone is saying how sorry they are for the family's and how good of a person greg was. The few who chime in and say he was a cheater and was playing with fire get slammed and banned. At least on here we can talk about the facts and state that the guy really did have it coming to him. I think the guys who have been in those shoes really do believe that greg deserved exactly what he got. That may be harsh but its the truth.

>For everyone's information---The police are saying
>that she worked for a
>gun manufacturer in the area
>and he had met her
>at a trade show.
>They claim they don't believe
>there was any kind of
>a romantic relationship between the
>two and they were at
>the kichen table when the
>husband walked in and gunned
>him down.

EXACTLY what I tried to tell my ex wife!

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

Even a scum bag realtor/outfitter with a bigshot resume isnt exempt from MT justice,he messed around in the wrong guys business.

I am not married now for the same reason. Of course, I was not dumb enough to shoot the other guy, just send her packing. Of course, he is one of Davis County sheriff's finest so it would have caused even more trouble. Lol

Sometimes you just have to know when to control your anger and walk away. It ain't worth throwing your freedom away for a cheating spouse.

Rodriguez died from multiple gunshot wounds to the torso, arm, shoulder and right leg, the police chief said.

Sounds like there was some emotion involved.

A wise monkey never monkeys with another monkey's monkey.

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13 AT 11:37AM (MST)[p]It's amazing all of these posts are condemning the guy, but that seems to be the way this website works most of the time. To the contrary, it sounds like all the people over on AR that actually knew him say he was a real dedicated father and family man. It also appears that he had just flown in to that town on business and that the lady was a person he'd met at a convention and was employed by the gun manufacturer with whom he was doing business. It appears that just maybe it was all on the up and up and that's the first time he had ever had contact with her, other than at the convention where she was working for her company. It also appears her husband was estranged, living at another location, and was off his prescribed meds. I will say that it may not have been good judgement visiting her alone at that time, but none of us know the circumstances to really be judge and jury on this.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13 AT 04:13PM (MST)[p]A bad situation resulting from a lot of factors. I am sorry for all involved.

Two guys are dead. The families will suffer, along with everyone else connected with the incident. Just bad all around.

There, now if some azzhole (me) wants to inject a little humor into this story, so what?
Bad taste....probably. Will I desist.....probably not.

I don't think ANYONE on here is actually condeming either party, but it is human nature to speculate, gossip, relate to, and joke about, the things that happen around us.

Some of you are simply wound too tight!

"I could agree with you, but then we would both be
wrong......and stupid"

>LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13
>AT 11:37?AM (MST)

>
>It's amazing all of these posts
>are condemning the guy, but
>that seems to be the
>way this website works most
>of the time. To
>the contrary, it sounds like
>all the people over on
>AR that actually knew him
>say he was a real
>dedicated father and family man.
> It also appears that
>he had just flown in
>to that town on business
>and that the lady was
>a person he'd met at
>a convention and was employed
>by the gun manufacturer with
>whom he was doing business.
>It appears that just maybe
>it was all on the
>up and up and that's
>the first time he had
>ever had contact with her,
>other than at the convention
>where she was working for
>her company. It also
>appears her husband was estranged,
>living at another location, and
>was off his prescribed meds.
> I will say that
>it may not have been
>good judgement visiting her alone
>at that time, but none
>of us know the circumstances
>to really be judge and
>jury on this.

Enter TG,defending the condemned,convicted,dead,ect with little or no actual knowledge of the situation he will defend anyone in order to start an argument.The shooter was a family man as well and worked on the glacier road crew under a relative of mine,everyone who knew him says he was the kindest person they knew,until you start messing with his family it seems.What he wasnt doing is "drinking coffee" with another mans wife.Dont try to sugar coat this situation,he didnt shoot this guy and beat his wifes azz over drinking coffee.

>>LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13
>>AT 11:37?AM (MST)

>>
>>It's amazing all of these posts
>>are condemning the guy, but
>>that seems to be the
>>way this website works most
>>of the time. To
>>the contrary, it sounds like
>>all the people over on
>>AR that actually knew him
>>say he was a real
>>dedicated father and family man.
>> It also appears that
>>he had just flown in
>>to that town on business
>>and that the lady was
>>a person he'd met at
>>a convention and was employed
>>by the gun manufacturer with
>>whom he was doing business.
>>It appears that just maybe
>>it was all on the
>>up and up and that's
>>the first time he had
>>ever had contact with her,
>>other than at the convention
>>where she was working for
>>her company. It also
>>appears her husband was estranged,
>>living at another location, and
>>was off his prescribed meds.
>> I will say that
>>it may not have been
>>good judgement visiting her alone
>>at that time, but none
>>of us know the circumstances
>>to really be judge and
>>jury on this.
>
>
>Enter TG,defending the condemned,convicted,dead,ect with little
>or no actual knowledge of
>the situation he will defend
>anyone in order to start
>an argument.The shooter was a
>family man as well and
>worked on the glacier road
>crew under a relative of
>mine,everyone who knew him says
>he was the kindest person
>they knew,until you start messing
>with his family it seems.What
>he wasnt doing is "drinking
>coffee" with another mans wife.Dont
>try to sugar coat this
>situation,he didnt shoot this guy
>and beat his wifes azz
>over drinking coffee.

Exactly

I don't know if the two were involved or not. After I caught them together they would have been. If I ever catch a guy with my wife, he better have a Uhaul with him to haul her and all her $hit away because there is no way in Hell I'm killing anyone, much less myself. I have too much left to do, two kids, and it just isn't worth it. Besides, if she will fool around, he'll get what he deserves anyway. mtmuley

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-13 AT 07:01PM (MST)[p]It's amazing all of these posts
>>are condemning the guy, but
>>that seems to be the
>>way this website works most
>>of the time. To
>>the contrary, it sounds like
>>all the people over on
>>AR that actually knew him
>>say he was a real
>>dedicated father and family man.
>> It also appears that
>>he had just flown in
>>to that town on business
>>and that the lady was
>>a person he'd met at
>>a convention and was employed
>>by the gun manufacturer with
>>whom he was doing business.
>>It appears that just maybe
>>it was all on the
>>up and up and that's
>>the first time he had
>>ever had contact with her,
>>other than at the convention
>>where she was working for
>>her company. It also
>>appears her husband was estranged,
>>living at another location, and
>>was off his prescribed meds.
>> I will say that
>>it may not have been
>>good judgement visiting her alone
>>at that time, but none
>>of us know the circumstances
>>to really be judge and
>>jury on this.
>
>
>Enter TG,defending the condemned,convicted,dead,ect with little
>or no actual knowledge of
>the situation he will defend
>anyone in order to start
>an argument.The shooter was a
>family man as well and
>worked on the glacier road
>crew under a relative of
>mine,everyone who knew him says
>he was the kindest person
>they knew,until you start messing
>with his family it seems.What
>he wasnt doing is "drinking
>coffee" with another mans wife.Dont
>try to sugar coat this
>situation,he didnt shoot this guy
>and beat his wifes azz
>over drinking coffee.

***Nope, just contrary to a lot on this thread, I don't condemn a person when I don't know squat about the actual circumstances and none of you should either! All I did was state the facts that are known so far from what has been given out to the media by the investigators. The fact that they have already stated that it does not appear there was any romantic relationship between the woman and the deceased must have escaped everyone. Anyway, a 30+ year career in LE certainly convinced me that you don't ASSUME anything until a case is thoroughly investigated. We certainly don't know enough to comment that the guy got what he deserved like most of you are, that's for sure! It also now appears through investigative sources that the woman may have even been doing paid PR work or something like that for the deceased and that's what he was there discussing with her. Obviously, no reason justifies the guy for killing him and it wasn't even at their home as she had split with her husband and was at a relative's place. It sounds like if you want to put something together that this was another OJ type deal where the husband wasn't going to allow anyone other than himself to have any kind of contact with her. Further, anyone that commits suicide certainly has a screw loose to do something like that!

I have too concur that some of you may be jumping the gun on condemming the victim that was shot and the woman.

There does appear to be a business relationship between the victim and the woman due to her job.

She was estrange or seperated from her husband. We do not know if this could have been from domestic violence on his part as he did appear to have a short fuse and there was mention that he was off his meds.

They were having a drink in the kitchen at HER MOTHER"S HOME. Was the mother in the house, maybe in her bedroom. We do not know.

Too many unaswered questions from the news article, but the cops felt that there may have been no hanky panky. Maybe they know more about what happen then the posters on this site. Some of you guys come off as not being very trustworty of your own wife and assume the worse if your wife was having a drink and talking to a another man. Sounds a little insecure to me.

RELH

Jesus,
He had it coming? There ain't a single person here that "knows" he was messing around with her, and if he was, wouldn't a good old fashioned ass beating been good enough? I'm sure we have all wondered what we would do if we ever caught our wife messing around. I have, but killing someone over it ain't one of MY options. Public embarrassment, like tossing her ##### out on the front yard would suffice. Right after a beat down of the clown I caught with her, but killing someone? No way. Besides, if she was messing around on me, she would be the one I would be pissed at and sending her packing would be the only choice as far as I am concerned. When things like this happen there are always others affected,now the son of the shooter is without a father and the victim leaves two sons behind, but to some of you "he got what he had coming" too sad.

There may not have been an intimate relationship at all. Maybe Wayne Bengston found out that Greg was a member of SFW.

Eel

>There may not have been an
>intimate relationship at all. Maybe
>Wayne Bengston found out that
>Greg was a member of
>SFW.
>
>Eel

Eel does that SFW stand for Seeking Female White ?

A lot of business is done at that time of night.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I hope all of you are real happy the way you've denigrated this guy's death with all your conjecture and BS. The facts have now come out that Greg was visiting her as a business associate, as well as a sponsor of his TV show. She was in a terrible accident 2 days prior where she came very close to dying and was recovering at her mothers house. Her mother and child were both present in the house at the time he was killed and she was beaten.

Thank's TG for that info,I think it is sad that a lot of lives are effected with this murder.There is probably more to this story than we will ever know.

You guys are amazing, in a bad way. Topgun beat me to commenting that he was there visiting her after she was in a bad auto accident, and that her mother and son were both there also. Too many of you jump to conclusions without knowing any facts.

At least over on AR, people (other than CHC) don't jump to speculative conclusions like too many of you did here.

May Greg rest in peace and may his family, the woman and her family eventually find peace through this horrible tragedy.

CAelknuts---Isn't it amazing how quickly this thread died when the facts came out!!! All were quick to condemn, but now not even one apology or prayer offered up for the poor guy!

Does it sound shady, and did someone act out in a rage of emotion..? Yes. But no matter who was at fault- in the end, there are children left without parents and that is always a sad day...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

I am suprised by how many believe that someone cheating with their wives deserve to be murdered.

First of all, the only time I'd seriously consider killing someone over my wife is if I believed they were in immediate threat to her.

Second, if I did catch my wife cheating, I'd be pissed at her more than anyone else...I'd kick her ass to the curb, and if caught in the act, the guy may end up on the receiving end of some assault and battery, but not murder.

I agree....this whole thread has me seriously concerned about the mental status of a lot of people on MM! MURDER?!?! I can not believe that ANYONE would consider this good punishment for sleeping with a spouse (which in this case does not seem to be). If I caught my wife with some guy....it would be my wife hitting the streets...and so long sucka! It it TOTALLY not worth going to jail the rest of your life over. I find it extremely disturbing of the rush to judgement and the KILL someone attitude shown here. SCARY!!!!!! Very SCARY!!!

thanks for posting the background on this tragic situaton
typical MM reaction, bunch of tough guys spouting BS and trying to look cool by saying what they would do and passing judgement on someone they dont even know

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Yhe every guy I know with an ex has a bigshot tv host flying across the country to visit her at night and "drink coffee",why would anyone one assume anything out of the norm was going on?You already ASSUMED the info you got off the net was solid,thank god your wernt a prosecutor.

I won't speculate on this tragedy.
But I will speculate there are 3 phones and 3 computers in a evidence locker.
And a court order to read and listen would be easy to get signed.

I doubt that law enforcement will get any search warrant for their phones or computers. It is a closed case of homicide-suicide as far as they are concerned at this point if the information given so far is accurate.

If the suspect was off his meds is true, it appears he may have been bi-polar and that can lead to serious mood swings from being a nice guy to a homicidal criminal.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-13 AT 07:19AM (MST)[p]As RELH stated, it's a closed case of homicide/suicide caused by a nut and there won't be any further investigation by authorities. delmag1942 and others that have posted all this BS on this thread need to get a life, as there sure weren't many Christian thoughts that came out regarding this tragedy!

Topgun............I did not post anything that was inappropriate IMO, especially in relation to Mr. Rodriguez! I would just hope that if I were in Mr. Rodriguez's shoes, they would investigate everyone/everything. I apologize if my post came across as derogatory.

>Topgun............I did not post anything that
>was inappropriate IMO, especially in
>relation to Mr. Rodriguez! I
>would just hope that if
>I were in Mr. Rodriguez's
>shoes, they would investigate everyone/everything.
>I apologize if my post
>came across as derogatory.

Just a miscommunication, as I felt your post was trying to justify what ohers were conjecturing about him. It's too bad the investigating authorities didn't come right out and give all the facts that led them to say there was no romantic relationship that caused this. It could also be that the media was up to their old tricks of not reporting things properly if they were given more facts initially that they chose not to report. I think it is more in line that the wives in this case need positive closure and IMHO it appears enough has now been reported to do that.

Sounds a bit like the OJ Simpson deal, but no trial or slow chase in the Bronco. Maybe Gary took the bullets intended for someone else as he attempted a defense or tried to talk the guy out of it, bad timing?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom