Outdoorsman tripod extension.

fatrooster

Long Time Member
Recently I got a Leica Televid 77 straight spotting scope and I already have two of the short Outdoorsmans tripods. The short tripod is too short for a straight spotter so I was wondering if the tripod extension that Outdoorsmans makes is a good fix. Will it be stable enough to hold the spotter? fatrooster.

The extensions from The Outdoorsman are 10" and 17". You said you had 2 of their short tripods. They offer three sizes of tripods, short, medium, and tall. I don't know if you can use the extension with the shortest tripod(no experience). I would call them. 602-944-7121. Or 1-800-291-8065.

Rooster,
I have the medium sized with the long extension and I can use my straight 77 standing up so if you have the short tripod I would say you may come up short. Also, I am only 5'9 so if you are taller you may want to invest in one of the tall tripods. Good luck.
BB

The Short Extension was built specifically for the Short Tripod Legs. It was designed so you could use the Short Legs in a sitting position.

The setup will definitely handle the weight, but since it is a simple physics issue, adding the weight of a full-sized spotter to that setup may make it a little top-heavy and wobbly in the wind.

Definitely call Terry and the boys at the Outdoorsmans (800-291-8065) and they will be able to walk you through your questions!

-----
Trent Swanson
Western Hunter Magazine
www.westernhuntermagazine.net
Outdoorsmans
www.outdoorsmans.com
Wilderness Athlete
www.wildernessathlete.com

Thanks BruinBrewin for the advice. I'm also about 5'9" but I was planning on using it in the sitting position. But I can see where the stand up medium extension could be beneficial.
Trent, thanks also for your answer. Sounds like thats what I'm looking for. fatrooster.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom