OUR AMASING SOLDIERS...many pics

Great post! Man that is some ruff looking country. Looks like bolt gun country instead of an M-4 ! The russians failed I hope we and our allies succeed! Obananer is planning a surge, expect more high body counts! :-(

I was thinking the same thing. M-4 would be a little out of its league for that terrain. You'd think they'd pull some M-14's off the shelf for that stuff. Great pics Kilo, good post, and good reminders of what others are doing at this time.

My BIL was over there for 15 months - said he never saw country that reminded him of Utah as much as Afghanistan.

Thanks to all for your service!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Roy, i was thinkin the same thing about the terrain, I am humbled to look at those pics, God bless them.

God bless every one of them over there and much respect...
My son said the people in Afghanistan walk that country like it was flat, young and old.

Great Pictures!
Those Jarheads in a couple of pictures, look like they are in Force Recon.
On the M4, I heard they went to a heavier bullet, rather than the standard ss109. I don't know for sure.
A lot of the units, do issue the M14, with the 7.62 round. This is due to the 5.56 round, not penetrating through all the layering of winter clothing, that the Haji's were wearing. If Jihad-Joe was across a canyon and you try to smoke-check him, you might not get penetration. You'll give him the dam-dam with the heavier round though!
Another good book to read, is "Lone Survivor", by Marcus Lattrell.
Thanks to all who served and continue to serve!
Semper Fi.
Wpns 1/5 (0331)
"Make Peace Or Die!"

Jihad-Joe.........LMAO! I like that one...

horsepoop.gif

Kilo
Thanks for posting that. With a brother-in-law over there for the second time and a nephew on his way there it really hits home to see things like that and helps to understand what they are going thru over there. I am so proud of all the men and women over there doing the things that many people are scared to do. GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS and may they return safe and with honor
Good Luck and Great Memories

Great post and good reminder that this is a real deal for our soldiers. God be with them...........

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom