OUCH!!!

O

Oakbuck

Went on a little trip to CA over the weekend...

47e046741ea31726.jpg

DID YOU SAY???

THANKS LITTLE George!!!

WAFJ!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I think that place "accidentally" burned down last night.j/k.

As Bobcatbess would say, WAFJ!!!!

Eel

Yep, good reason not to live in California, however, I've a feelin' it's not gonna be long before that is normal around here too. WAFJ is right.

Where and when is it going to end? Bad things are coming, someone told me the other day they heard that by this summer a gallon of milk was going to cost between $5.00-$6.00.

I don't know about you guys but I'm still making the same amount of money as I was a year ago and the cost of living keeps going up. Not good, not good at all.

My ol man and I are already talking about if we draw this year how much it will cost us to scout the area we might draw.

Slide

Good guess Brian, it's at Panamint Springs in Death Valley.

At Stovepipe Wells they don't even advertise the price. No sign, nothing on the pump. You have to go inside to get the bad news.

We saw a guy pump almost $600 into his motor home!

Oakbuck

LAST EDITED ON Mar-19-08 AT 05:14PM (MST)[p]I was expecting to see some blood and guts but this is WAY worse! At least the diesel is cheaper then gas. Up here in Utah diesel is the highest priced fuel. I just paid $4.00 a gallon out here in Grantsville. Dam them robbers
Wes

So are we still blaming Katrina?

If we would just take over an oil rich country then all our gas problems would be solved. It would be free practically......oh wait we already did that and we are paying through the arse.

Any other suggestions?

So, you are really going to blow a rectal gasket on June 1st when the Federal 40 cent per gallon road tax gets added, NATIONWIDE!

Oakbrush,

I drove by that place two years ago on the way to Las Vegas, out sight seeing down there and it was hot then in May.

Brian

Nickman, rectal gasket ?
Is that like a hemroid ? :)

I guess I see this from a different perspective, in fact I kind of welcome the price increase & wish it would go to ten bucks a gallon or whatever it takes to lay the ground work for some serious change.
I think back threw points in history that brought about breakthru innovations & usually it was from necessity (the mother of invention) somewhere somehow, things have to drastically change in order for us to remain a global econimic power.
In the meantime the longer we are happy sending billions to the middle east to sooth our dependancy, the longer they'll be glad to keep supplying us oil junky's our fix.

So I won't get to go hunting for several years.....
.....Boo fricken hooo !!!!
Around here the animals could use a rest.

Bottom line.....America is defined by our ability to travel wherever and whenever we want. We have several generations groomed to that lifestyle and it will never change regardless of what alternate fuel sources are developed......until travel becomes simply unaffordable.

Now that $4 a gallon fuel is the norm, it will be easy for "them" to cram $6 or $8 fuel, of whatever source, up our arse and we will pay the price......until we can't.

EVERY commodity that we use has to be moved here or there by some form of fuel and consequently, the cost of that transportation will be passed on to the consumer, of any product sold in America. We will pay those higher costs.....until we can't.

The American armed forces are the largest consumer of fuel on the planet.

We will have to continue that consumption, in order to maintain the power we now have. The higher cost to do that will require more money...read; more taxes....and that means less money in our pocket for necessities....

A few years from now, China, Russia, or some Arabs will simply show up in the United States and shove all these out of fuel vehicles out of the way and take over.

Germany lost WWll because they ran out of fuel. To think we can do better is foolish.

The "cost of living" today will be a pleasant memory just 5 short years from now.

"Mad Max" wasn't such a dream after all......except I have way more bullets than Max. Better enjoy the next 5 years......it will be way ugly after that.

You think poaching is bad now.....

Dang I have an Idea - lets start drilling more in the US. ANWAR, Floida coast, California Coast, CO, UT, NY ect ect ect. so many friggen places that has proven reserves yet the enviro wackos that want this country to go under is yelling no drilling here - no drilling there because of this or that yet not one piece of scientific evidences backs there claims.

Then there is the item of alot of people wanting to tax the oil companies more. Well guess what you did? Just reduced the amount of money that can be reinvested in discoveries, pipelines, research, drilling wells ect.

It is time we as sportsman quit siding with the antis on this issue and embrace the industry. We can work with them to actually improve big game habitat and they can produce the oil and NG that we all use.

Brother is a owner / driver of a semi and recently he mentioned that he is basically making less and less with each increase in diesel. So actually looking at selling truck and finding something else to do. Just think if 1/4 of the current drivers actually did quit or retire? Would freight cost double? triple? ten times?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom