Other Moose Draws

C

CGS371

Does anyone here draw other non-western states for Moose? Should I consider building points elsewhere too? For instance it looks like Maine is afordable to draw and build points, but I am not sure about the odds.

I guess it depends on how bad you want to hunt moose. I apply in ME, NH, & VT in addition to some of the western states for moose. The odds aren't good but it is fairly cheap to apply. I've taken a canadian moose here in MN so if I never draw another canadian moose tag, I'll be ok. A lot of people skip the NE states because for around $4-$5k you can get yourself a nice moose hunt for that subspecies in Newfoundland. Good luck with whatever you do...

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

I like to hunt Moose and eat them too. Thank you for your response. That was what I was interested in: which states I should try to draw. I don't know why, and it may not be intelligent, but I'd rather draw a tag and hunt DIY public land than up and pay. Perhaps I should look into MN as well.

MT has a lot of moose, but you're pretty far behind on the bonus point system, especially if they do end up squaring them.
It's also headed in a pretty poor direction, due to a combination of mismanagement, wolves, and uncontrolled native hunting.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-10 AT 07:07PM (MST)[p]>I like to hunt Moose and
>eat them too. Thank
>you for your response. That
>was what I was interested
>in: which states I should
>try to draw. I
>don't know why, and it
>may not be intelligent, but
>I'd rather draw a tag
>and hunt DIY public land
>than up and pay.
>Perhaps I should look into
>MN as well.

Nothin wrong with wanting to DIY. MN is limited to residents only so cross that one off your list. The 3 NE states are all accepting application right now. UT and WY are open and CO, MT & ID will be opening shortly. You can draw tags in ID relatively easy so that will be your best bet. Good luck!

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom