OTC Elk Help

HuntinFool

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-12 AT 04:23PM (MST)[p]I hate to be this guy, but I am in need of some advice. Due to highschool with 3 classes being college classes and working 40 hours a week I have been unable to get out scouting for my elk hunt. I normally hunt spikes over by Strawberry with my cousins and uncles, but due to my time constraints this year I won't be able to do that. I will be limited to short hunts after school or maybe one day on the weekends if I can trade shifts around. I live in Kamas, so it would have to be somewhere somewhat close to that. Here comes the classic line "I am not looking for honey holes, just general areas." Thank in advance for any advice you guys may have.

You sound like a great, responsible young man. I'm not much help up here in Wyoming, but I hope someone will step up and allow you access to some property, or tips on where to go. You are doing your part in trying to become a successful adult. You are the kind of person that will carry the torch into the future in the fight to keep hunting what it is. Good Luck!!!

Buck nice post !! Sorry I cant help. I have never hunted up north.If you know what elk do then get up high and glass for them and go hunt. Good luck

If you live in lamas what are you asking for? Your backyard is full of elk. Like what was said before, get up high and glass. Your situation is perfect for someone who doesn't have a lot of time. You're 10 minutes from elk country. Unless you are really new to kamas you should know some access points. Good luck!

Traditional >>>------->

It's pretty easy to get help when you have a limited entry tag but very few people will help with a general tag... unless they don't plan on hunting the area ever again.
Like HorseCreek said, you live among the elk. They are literally within minutes of your house.
Good luck (and I mean that),
Zeke

Thanks for the replies guys. I had some free time on Wednesday so I hiked in about a mile in the hail and rain, but as soon as the lightning started I figured it would probably be best to get off of the mountain. I didn't see or hear any elk, but I saw some sign so now I at least have a starting point.

Hunt where you have seen elk in the past. I have killed three elk in the past within 200yards of the same little ridge. and numerous others with in a few miles.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom