otc antelope hunts - SD?

completesportsman

Long Time Member
I did some searching on this subject and turned up that WY & SD had otc tags. Is there any other states that a non-resident can buy tags?

I tried looking at SD's web site but I couldn't find any tag fees, or much info at all. It looks like you have to have a hunting license first, that are by drawing only, then get the antelope tag, but I'm still not sure.

My elk hunting plans are not going to pan out for this year and I was hoping to possibly do an antelope hunt. I figured it would be a cheaper hunt and an easier hunt, I will probably be going solo, would like to go during rifle season.

WY-There are no "over the counter" antelope tags, rather leftovers. If there are any they are generally in units that are primarily private.

SD-There are no "over the counter" antelope tags other than archery. They also offer leftovers after 4 (yes 4) draws. Any where worth hunting will have none left by then +/-. Hunting licence NOT necessary, and the fee is $254 for buck+doe. The drawing #2 is currently oven until 8/31.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom