oss bag the planets first tent that stores itself

B

BoNeRaker

LAST EDITED ON Aug-10-11 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]You need the chek these tents out! On their site all they show is their 2 man tent but they just came out with a 1 man and a bivy all of the are self containd tents go to thar web site and wach the video.
http://www.ossbag.com/

Specs are a little hard to find on the sight. They need to shed a pound or two.

Trail Weight: 5.0 lbs
Packed Weight: 5.6 lbs
Sleeve/Clips: Clips
Dimensions: Total length: 90"
Canopy portion: 58" x 58"
Foot portion: 54" X 32"
Zippers: YKK 5 Zippers
Floor Area: 35.83 sq ft
Interior Height: 36"
Vestibule Area: 5.2 ft (each side)
Number of Doors: 2

Thanks Fly4fish I just couldn't fine them. Ya the weight is way heavy for what you get. If it was down to 3 or 3 1/2 lbs. it would be interesting.

That is for the 2 man they also have a 1 man and a bivy that arnt on their site. If you think about it this way though insted of carying a tent and a sleeping bag they are both combined in one so it takes the awkwardness out of your pack not to mention that they are like adding to your pack.

So your telling me the tent is 5-5.5 lbs without the sleeping bags and pad or is that with the sleeping bag? If that is the case that is pretty heavy for a 2 man 3 season tent. lets clear up the confusion. If it already has the sleeping bags and pads inside then sign me up.

By the looks of it, it's a heavy arse tent that folds up in a big sloppy mess with all your stuff inside. Is that right?

>Wtf happend to a tarp and
>a blanket?
>

Pretty sure they still make them.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

What a nasty website! Lots of popup ads with reggae music, very hard to get any information from.

I guess since no one answered my question. Im going to assume this is a 5.5 lb tent. you can get a dome tent at walmart for less weight and less money. With the money you saved on the tent you can get yourself a big compression sax and throw everything in it.

did you see the video? Yeeehaw!! I can stuff my sleeping bag inside my tent and then use some compression chords to tighten up the mess?? (I watched it and saw ZERO advantage.)

I like reggea music but that was bad reggea

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom