Oryx Poachers

Looks like they had to pay some modest fines and the major perpetrator got his hunting privileges placed on probation for a whopping 3 years!! Wow, that'll learn um.....

What is the point of placing a repeat poacher on probation? I'm guessing Piepkorn would be willing to violate those terms.

I’m betting Piepkorn made more than $30K on his permit-less outfitting business too.

Glad NMGF got him. Sounds like they did some good detective work to make it happen. I’m betting NMGF would like to issue stiffer penalties for poaching, especially rampant poaching like this, but are probably limited by state law in what can be done. It’s a bummer, harsher penalties would deter poaching more effectively, something NM could really benefit from.

Weak penalty. Must have lawyered up and had some potential flaws in the case. To bad he didnt have to pay a real fine and ban.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom