Oregons wolves

L

lostgoat

Well we have all got a buddie who saw a track or heard the tell tale howl,or maybe you have even seen a wolf here in Oregon yourself.I dont know if this is old news or not but the ODF&W has finaly released some recent footage.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/video_gallery/imnaha_wolf_pack.asp

If this is what is being brought to the public eye,any guess on how many wolves are still un-detected? Not good.

They're here, they should be able to finish off what game the lions haven't already taken. if you thought Oregon's hunting was bad just wait.

Afraid it is going to bad before it gets any better,because we still have good hunting here.

it's up to the oregon hunters. look at all the states that have problems with them. you cannot leave it up to the fish and wildlife. they're hands are really tied. a gut shot wolf is impossible to trace;)

orrrrrrrrr, maybe we could let oregon fish and wildlife manage them?? i mean - look at their handy work on the deer? they would have those wolves extinct clear over to montana:)

LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09 AT 08:59PM (MST)[p]i gotta tell you i've hunted in Grizz country more then once and never gave it a second thought, but coming up against a few wolf's in the wild makes me nervous!

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09
>AT 08:59?PM (MST)

>
>i gotta tell you i've hunted
>in Grizz country more then
>once and never gave it
>a second thought, but coming
>up against a few wolf's
>in the wild makes me
>nervous!

I did some wolf surveys for ODFW 2 summers ago. I slept on the ground close to a den site without any fear of the wolves. I would prefer a wolf encounter to a grizz encounter myself.

These wolves have only been monitored since 1/08??? But there is a pack of at least 12 by my count including a few juveniles. According to their information: "Under Oregon?s Wolf Conservation and Management Plan, the Fish and Wildlife Commission will consider delisting wolves from the Oregon Endangered Species List when four breeding pairs for three consecutive years have been documented in eastern Oregon." We'll be completely overrun in the NE units by the time they confirm this since by "their" count they could only confirm six up until this video! Good work ODFW. Learn, practice, and remember the 3 S's.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-06-09
>AT 08:59?PM (MST)

>
>i gotta tell you i've hunted
>in Grizz country more then
>once and never gave it
>a second thought, but coming
>up against a few wolf's
>in the wild makes me
>nervous!

yea, i woludn't be "scared" of them for one second. they are no bigger than a huge german shepard, and my 44.mag would knock the line back shi% outta them:)

i', 99.9% sure i heard them howling on my elk hunt this year, i slept fine, but the next morning i did replace my batteriesin my head lamp, jacked a round in the camber of my .40 s&w an checked on the meat, and started packing.

Now with all macho stuff aside, my point was, at least with a grizz generally there's only one to keep your eye on not six, now you can sleep by their den one day but and should they see you as game you have a challenge on your hands.

case n point the guy who killed by wolfs last year up in Canada and that chick also.....

They have been here longer than ODFW wants you to think, I agree with KILLERB for a change, take then out when you can. thats all we need in this mismanaged state of ours.They are losing hunters dollars so they raise the prices on the ones of us that are holding out.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-09 AT 02:38PM (MST)[p]Ultimately it's going to be up to the people that spend the time on the land. Anyone else read the recent news about ranchers in NM and AZ losing their ranches cuz of the Mexican wolf plan down their?

LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-09 AT 05:48PM (MST)[p]>They have been here longer than
>ODFW wants you to think,
>I agree with KILLERB for
>a change, take then out
>when you can. thats all
>we need in this mismanaged
>state of ours.They are losing
>hunters dollars so they raise
>the prices on the ones
>of us that are holding
>out.

nascarr88, dude, you've reached an all time low, your agreeing with me? :)j/k

Saw a lone wolf in Conner Cr on in Lookout Mtn unit back in October. And saw a ODFW later confirmed wolf track in Mt Emily....they are here guys! Been here for a cpl of decades

My uncle saw two in Chesnimnus while packing meat. Too bad they left their rifles in camp that day.....i think that's how it went. ;-)

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-07-09
>AT 05:48?PM (MST)

>
>>They have been here longer than
>>ODFW wants you to think,
>>I agree with KILLERB for
>>a change, take then out
>>when you can. thats all
>>we need in this mismanaged
>>state of ours.They are losing
>>hunters dollars so they raise
>>the prices on the ones
>>of us that are holding
>>out.
>
>
>nascarr88, dude, you've reached an
>all time low, your agreeing
>with me? :)j/k

I know, I must of had a weak moment. It won't happen again. LOL

we seen one this year in the Imnaha unit CLOSE to town!!! When I say close I mean within a mile. We thought it was a very large "something" at first (from about 1000yrds) but when we pulled out the Swarov's spotting scope...there it stood watching cattle.

muleyman

Back
Top Bottom