Oregon vs. LSU

300wbymann

well oregon would have beat them anyway, but looks like never-catch's LSU kittens will get a good butt whooping now:)

what do you think about their Q.B. getting suspended?

I personally think he should be suspended for the year from what I have heard but money talks and he will be back on the field in a couple of games.

Oregon is not on a clean slate either. I think they will eventually get dinged for their involvement with that pretty shady recruiting service.

They all cheat; just a matter of which ones get caught.

I hope they hammer Miami but I don't think the death penalty should ever be used again.

Both teams meet on Sept. 3. The ticket is going for $560, making it the most expensive college football ticket out there.

Eldorado

Jarret Lee was behind every single game winning play and drive last season, not Jordan Jefferson!! In fact the only 4th down failed game winning conversion of the entire season ended with Nick Fairley (Auburn) sacking Jordan Jefferson with about 6 minutes to go, tied 17-17...Cam Newton won it from there. I for one, am happy as hell to have the QB tantum between Lee and Mettenberger!!

Remember one thing, LSU wins ball games with DEFENSE, not offense!! Last season they went 11-2 with the worst offense in the SEC...losing Jefferson is a blessing in disquise IMHO!!

Morris Claiborne is going to snag interception after interception after interception all season long...although I wish to hell we still have Patrick Peterson, LSU has a stacked defensive line that will pound every team they face!!

I can't wait for Saturday night!! :D

LaMichael James is going to have to have the great game of his career for Oregon to have a chance against the best defense in the SEC...it's that simple!!

~Z~

The NCAA just raised the bar for education with that scale they use. It's now 925 or 950 and each player has to get a GPA of 2.5 or higher to be eligable to play. I watched a show that said if this rule would have been in place this year, 7 out of the top 10 teams would not have been able to play in the post season. Getting money from boosters and bar fights are going to be the least of their worries.

It's always an adventure!!!

Am I the only guy sick of the whole "SEC Conference" claiming dominance thing?

I hope Oregon kicks butt but I have no dog in this fight. LSU goes from a better athlete to a better QB. IMO, The game will be decided by interceptions.

Any alum from one of these schools knows the big push for funds. Face it, the players today are paid for and the only one who ACTS like they don't know it is the NCAA.

I don't think SEC dominance is anything but a fact. I can't remember the correct number but the SEC is either 7-0 or 9-0 in BCS championship games. The numbers are indespuitable. I'll be surprised If Alabama isn't playing and winning the next BCS title game. OBTW I'm not and Alabama fan. Geaux Tigers

Hard to argue that the SEC is not the best conference the last few years. Look at who was holding the trophy at the end of the year. The Big 10 is a joke other than Ohio State who I hate. The PAC 10 was pretty much average other than the Trojans and Oregon the last couple of years. I am surprised that Texas A&M wants to leave the Big 12 and go to the SEC. They cannot even win in their current conference. I know; it is all about the money but they won't be winning more games.

www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100...

Twice as many Academic All-Americans as any other school. Five National Championships. Longest home game sell out streak. That's enough for me.

SEC is tough for now probably the best conference. It goes in cycles. I remember Nebraska pounding the Alabama's and Florida's till they physically quit. The cycle will change in time.

Go Ducks! Saturday at least.

Runs in cycles for sure; I remember when the Huskers lost the championship on a two point conversion they did not make. I thought my grandpa was going to cry. He always liked the huskers they were good old big strong farm boys that would stuff it down your throught. I still can see him saying that.

Go Ducks!

That's because you are an old fart Ransom stick don't die in the near future you'll see it again. Do you need any help with your medications. Stay away from high places I want you to be around to see it again. I should add one of the few schools with no major infractions with the NCAA. The manual is so big and complex every school has a minor one. Sorry for hijacking this thread. Go Ducks!

I really hope your not getting your hopes up--- L.S.U. really doesn't stand a chance---

By the Way, does LSU have any cheerleaders that aren't fat and chocolate?

So a guy goes into a store and asks for yellow shoes, green pants, a yellow shirt and a green hat. The clerk replies you must be a Ducks fan. The guy responds yes I am how could you tell? The clerk replies this is a hardware store.

>So a guy goes into a
>store and asks for yellow
>shoes, green pants, a yellow
>shirt and a green hat.
>The clerk replies you must
>be a Ducks fan. The
>guy responds yes I am
>how could you tell? The
>clerk replies this is a
>hardware store.

Now thats funny right there I don't care who you are!

Both teams making too many mistakes in the first half but thats to be expected this early in the season. My daughter is at the game and sent me a text saying there are Duck fans all over walking around with the mouths wide open because they are blown away by the new stadium. Geaux Tigers!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-03-11 AT 08:39PM (MST)[p]Switch stations......watch Boise whip the mighty SEC.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LSU had a great game. Boise St played well and Oregon St lost to Sacramento State at home. Ouch!!! the best part of the weekend was that the Irish lost at home so So. Florida. Praying the Wolverines put it to them in the Big House next week.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-05-11 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]>I really hope your not getting
>your hopes up--- L.S.U. really
>doesn't stand a chance---

LOL, I hope your not a gambling man there 300wbymann

boise st. beating the sec? really, georgia is going to have 4 losses this year and there coach is probably going to be fired. way to go boise st, got past your only game this year. I hope they dont get a chance at the national championship, if they played in the sec they would have 2 losses easy.

The kids cannot control the schedule and whether or not in the SEC or MWC that is still a really good team. There QB is a pro and the experts have their defense ranked in the top couple for the entire country. I agree, they would lose a couple in the SEC just like everyone else but they are not a cream puff by any means. Good for them. Will be interesting to see Utah at USC this weekend and some other top 25 teams playing top 25 teams.

"LaMichael James is going to have to have the great game of his career for Oregon to have a chance against the best defense in the SEC...it's that simple!!"

54 yards. Maybe someone forgot to tell him it was a big game.

Now all we have to look forward to is November 5th...LSU @ BAMA!! Whoever takes that game wins the National Championship...

~Z~

well i guess i cant talk crap without coming back and taking my lumps--

LSU just looked better, granted Oregon didn't look like the Oregon team that went undefeated last year( untill their bowl game).

we shot areselves in the foot, now one can only hope that nobody goes undefeated this year. it's better to looses early in the season than late.

so Great job LSU! signed: a bummed out ducks fan

Nice to see you take your lumps like a man. You are correct about losing early in the season. I could see B.State or Alabama going undefeated but I don't see anyone else getting there. LSU's D-line is very strong but it won't carry them thru the SEC unbeaten. Later Guys. Baker

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom