Oregon NR changes last year????

Califelkslayer

Long Time Member
Did Oregon ever publicize how their revenue was affected by the changes they made last year, increased fees?

I'm curious if they released information on what the reduction in number of applicants was, and revenue.

Not that I've heard, and even if they said you wouldn't be able to believe them.

If they manage the NR hunters as well as the mule deer both should be history soon.

Agreed. They tripled their rates so the numbers would have had to shrink by 2/3rds for it to hurt.

Maybe over the long haul it will cost them.

I think the impact will be felt more as time goes on. I am guessing that a lot of Non-residents cashed out with a tag and won't get back into the point game

I could have drawn elk, deer and antelope last year. There are tags if you want to lower your standards.

But why would I use for example, 12 antelope points for an archery tag??

The "too few tags" come from the percentage given to NRs, not the total amount of tags.

That was my point. All the better hunts in OR have only one tag available to NR and even that is only every other year.

I WONDER HOW MANY FEWER GENERAL TAGS WERE SOLD AND HOW MANY GUYS ARE QUITTING OREGON EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE POINTS, I KNOW THAT IS WHERE I AM RIGHT NOW. OREGON GOT THE LAST OF MY MONEY AND I AM CONCENTRATING MY EFFORTS ON BETTER STATES. IN ANY BUSINESS A DECLINE OF 30% IN CUSTOMERS IS BAD EVEN IF YOUR INITIAL RESULT IS THE SAME OR SLIGHLTY MORE INCOME.

I am a NR with 12 points across the board.
I will play the game a little longer, not thinking I will ever draw the most sought after units with the amount of people ahead of me.
But have been doing research for the past several years on areas I can draw. Even if you draw Wenaha you have 275 spike hunters to deal with and 385 spike hunters the week before Mt Emily is even worse.
I am thinking of a Roosevelt and a Blacktail hunt when the time is right for me.
I dought at this point I am the only one thinking along these lines.
Rick

Back
Top Bottom