Oregon NE corner Hunting

B

backcountrylove

Looking for any info about hunting Walla Walla unit, Mt Emily unit or Wenaha Unit. Shot distances type of country and caliber of animal. Any help would be appreciated. Any pics would help (terrain or animals. ) Thanks again

I've hunted the Walla Walla and Mt Emily, and type of country is easy to steep and deep. You asking about elk, deer, archery, rifle ???. Some seasons for limited branch antlered elk are crowded with spike hunters. If you are a NR and just starting to get interested, you have plenty years to study before you'll draw an elk tag for one of those 3 units. Other than those 3 units, OR manages(that may be too much credit) for quantity and not quality. They have a terrible cougar problem, low NR tag allotment and the recent increase in tag and license fees is too much for too little. I was a resident for 20 years.

From everything I've been reading the last year or so, I think pirogue was right on the button with his last comment, especially having been a resident for 20 years. Unless I already had a lot of money invested in PPs, OR would be crossed off my list.

What about rifle hunting in Nov? Branch antlered bulls. Do you have any pics of the elk you killed when hunting there?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-11 AT 05:26PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-11 AT 05:09?PM (MST)

This bull is from in that corner of oregon. killed in 2010, rifle tag. Awesome country, good luck.

1150cimg4096.jpg

7613cimg4097.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom