oregon info

nochawk

thinking about a move to oregon, possibly Grants Pass/Medford/Klamath falls area.

Have heard that Eugene is very unfriendly for hunter/fisherman, how about Bend?

mostly interested in employment oppertunities, hunting and fishing, ect

any suggestions if you could move anywhere in the state where would it be? I do want salmon/steelhead fishing in the off season.

Thanks ahead of time

Not sure if you can go wrong around Bend or SW Oregon for hunting. Not sure about which place may have better fishing nearby. I would choose Medford for the great hunting. I have heard a little about the fishing in SW Oregon and it sounds good, but someone would be able to tell you more. Good luck.

I agree I lived in Central Oregon for 20 years and cant wait to go back, but if I could I would move to the Northeast part of the state. But grants pass has some great fishing havent hunted much there though.

1.5 years left and I coming back

Great hunting & Fishing- HA,HA,HA!
Born and raised in Grants Pass, then moved to Central Point and got married, been here 50 years.
YUP, there's blacktails in the woods and salmon in the river, but no JOBS, the timber industry is all but gone, thank you Seirra club.
You may find a job in Medford depending on what you do for a living, but the unemployment rate is pretty high, I'd play it safe and have something lined up before a big move here.
Lot of jobs in the Hospitals and retirement homes, if that helps.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-10 AT 10:59AM (MST)[p]Eugene is fine. Lots of hunting and fishing.
That's the place to be or maybe further South for Salmon and SteelHead.

Bend is #6 on Outdoor Life's best places to live.
I've been here for over 50 years.

I drive out of this state to Elk hunt though......

bend is alright, i live 20 miles away in prineville. if you were in the construction industry i would say make sure you have something good lined up. bends economy id pretty slow right now.

i deepfully despize the west side of the state, it rains ALOT, and it's a very liberal population for the most part. obviously there are great people there to, but as a whole.

i drive out of this state to hunt deer and elk too, but i also enjoy pretty good sucsess staying right here as well. just depends on what you want to make of it. if you go out in the woods thinking you have no chance, well you probably dont have much of a chance.

Eugene isn't a bad place to live. I live in Springfield and I never get bothered by anti hunters. You will have a crappy newspaper though (communist guard). We are the only place in the state going to have a Cabelas. Great salmon fishing nearby and the scenery is good.

"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Back
Top Bottom