Oregon Antelope Hunt...

B

Bull7

Well, I finally had a little time to post the pictures of my Antelope hunt in Oregon. I have been fortunate enough to take some nice animals over the years and have to say this is one of my favorite hunts to date. You will see why in the photos. If I didn't find the big boy that I was looking for I was going to let my son pull the trigger on a buck under the mentorship program. I would also like to thank a couple guys on here (KBKILLER & ELKLIVER) that were more then willing to help out with spots. I did scout the areas you suggested and found animals but never actually got to hunt them being I found the one I was watching 5-weeks prior. Enjoy the photos and let me know what you think of him.

This was the opening morning hike out with my son...
7149img00443-20100814-0600.jpg

Really like the mass on him...
5213antelope_hunt_8-14-10_010.jpg

The length is decent too...
5016antelope_hunt_8-14-10_060.jpg

This picture is going on the wall with the mount. Had to set the timer so we could both be in it...
4669antelope_hunt_8-14-10_078.jpg

You have to like this one. My son wanted to give me the thumbs up in the picture...
1292antelope_hunt_8-14-10_067.jpg

Time to go find some shade...Yes, that says 107*
4595img00479-20100815-1439.jpg

Some of the spoils of ending our hunt so early...
1381img00464-20100815-1342.jpg

2331antelope_hunt_8-14-10_083.jpg

2315antelope_hunt_8-14-10_082.jpg

What a great hunt & getting an Antelope wasn?t so bad either...

Congrats - that is a heck of a nice antelope - looks like he has it all, mass, length and just a great looking buck!!
Really nice pictures also, thanks for posting, looks like a good time was had:)

Thank you for the comments. It was a great time and my son has been hooked for years let me tell you. This just adds to it for both of us...

Great hunt!
And if you are anything like me you will find your greatest hunts are still ahead of you...when your son is old enough to carry a gun along with you. It doesn't get any better than sharing that kind of experience with your kids.

I am taking my son out again this weekend in hopes of finding a buck worthy of his arrow...Thanks again for all the commments

Great looking goat, good mass and looks fairly tall. Which unit of you dont mind me asking?

"Quitting is not an option!"

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom