Optimist or Pesismist get it out.

J

JB148

Just curious as it seems Oregon Boys have been somewhat silent as of late. For the upcoming season what are your thoughts pessisist or Optimist. Obviously the draw hasn't taken place give it up. JB

Well I will get this going. I have hunted DIY Oregon,California,Idaho,Nevada,and Utah.Oregon needs a change, Idaho needs a change if you read IdahoRons last post. Wolfs, cougars, game management as a whole. My thought is to adopt more of a Nevada plan, but that is my opinion.Doubt I will draw, not a big bow hunter, but will dust my bow off this year. Just my opinion and ramblings. JB

I don't get to excited about hunting my home state, it is a last resort if I don't get any out of state tags. The deer hunting I could care less if I go or not it is pretty sorry. Might get an antelope tag elk probably will end up archery hunting. I am pumped though because I have a good chance of getting a utah elk tag, and putting in for idaho. I always put in for points for colorado and wyoming. I will start the points race in arizona and nevada next year.

I don't know how anyone could get excited about hunting in Oregon. I should draw antelope in WY and apply for all species in NV every year. What the state of Nevada does with such limited resources is simply amazing to me. I think we have a better chance of Southeastern Oregon becoming part of Nevada than Oregon taking on their wildlife management techniques. It's really too bad.

I love the fact that Nevada has an aggressive predator control policy and actually knock down the coyotes and cougars.

Money is tight this year didn't even put in for points in Nevada. Hunted elk in Utah in a small unit last year, very tough hunt, but rewarding. I have little faith in Oregon, but will make the best of it. May try for an Idaho tag, but good luck have drawn 1 good tag there. Good luck on your hunts and draws. JB

As a resident, Oregon is my last choice on hunts anymore. I went to all of the management meetings about predators and all I heard was "we're trying" from ODFW. Funny thing is, nothing happened. About 7 years ago I decided to bag it and start hunting elsewhere. I don't regret it one bit. I'll do some OTC archery hunting and blacktail hunting to fill some time but my emphasis has changed to quality over quantity in life. Thus, Oregon isn't the place to be in that regard. If the fishing wasn't great where I live I wouldn't be here.

tc

Back
Top Bottom