Opening day Lope

B

buckballs

Just got back from my very first Antelpe hunt. I have been applying for this tag since I was 12 and finally recieved it this year at age 23.
I have been scouting this antelope all year. I believe I knew all his routes and his territory and that made the difference in the hunt for me.
Here is a live pic while out scouting.
antelope-1.jpg

I started out going where I usually see him. While glassing him through the fog I had finally found him as well as the other 30 does that travel with him. I started making my stock when all the sudden they were spooked by a truck.
Round 2 started the same way I found them and started the stock but a smaller buck came in and the alfa buck ran him off and ran for a few miles.
Next stock started out by going where I had last seen them and started glassing when they all the sudden appered and I could not get on them fast enough. I met up with my dad later and we sat up on a hill side to glass when we had found them again. The antelope were running back and forth between people shooting when I noticed they were coming back to there territory. I knew right away they would be going to there water tank so I headed over there. As soon as I got there so did they.
HPIM1072.jpg

HPIM1063.jpg

After getting this buck we were excited to dee what he scored. He was 15 5/8 long and scored to be around 82.
I guess all the scouting paid off. I am really excited about this buck. I took the buck into Vaughans to have it mounted.

very nice! i gotta post pics of my wifes she killed yeturday. not as big as your-14 1/8" - 70 3/8 but still cool.

congrats on a very deserved buck!

Back
Top Bottom