Oops! Kamas West Hills help?

predator

Very Active Member
I managed to hit the wrong button, but find myself with a Kamas West Hills cow tag. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has hunted it in the past, and has access info, because it sure looks like it's locked up in private!

Thanks!

Pred

There is a little wma on that unit. It holds deer and elk what season did you get your tag? I know I seen a elk caracas on there a few years ago so they use that area its just a matter of when your tag is and such.

Myself and a couple of buds had that tag a couple times in the past, we struck out, but kind of figured out a strategy. If you are flexible enough to be able to hit the wma on a real regular basis, you could get lucky. We almost hit it right a few times. We had some private access, but that did not pan out because of all the homes around. Tough to want to shoot elk in people's yards.
The wma is so small that you pretty much have to just catch them when they happen to be in it, which seemed to be pretty often, but everyone else with the tag knew that also. It probably won't turn out to be your favorite way to get a cow.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-05-13 AT 10:46PM (MST)[p]I have a pretty liberal season from Nov through the end o f January.

Gold, do they ever wander onto Jordanelle?

We never saw any down there, but did not spend much time around there. The wma is just east of the res, I think it borders that new fancy golf course/country club. We found quite a few on that property. I think they would wander over to the wma, get shot at, and head back to the private. It was kind of frustrating. Would be a good excuse to be out in the hills all winter, tho!!

Hey Preddy!

Sneak in with a Golf Club in your Hand!:D

This Story happens alot it's True!
But Ya Best Hope it don't ever happen to you!

Damn, I hate it when ya hit the wrong button.
Sorry Pred, I have no knowledge of the unit but I wish you luck.
It's usually fun to learn another hunting unit but it can be a real challenge too.
Good luck,
Zeke

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom