Online State's Wake Up!

ForkWest

Very Active Member
In an age where nearly every state has issues with their online applications, Wyoming has it figured out.

Today is the last day to apply for deer and antelope. The great procastinator that I am, I just jumped on and fully expected a slow if not crashed site.

To the contrary. Sailed through in a few minutes, not to mention the easy navigation.

Wyoming of all state you'd expect to be on the bottom end of the tech curve, they're really got it down. One more reason I love hunting the cowboy state!

I could not believe how easy it was to apply for antelope in Wyoming. Their web site is so easy!!!

Their system does work well. Proving once again, conservatives are the thinkers and they have got it together! :)

Now take the liberal's running California government: no on line applications, few deer and ballot box wildlife management.

----------------------------------------
Measure wealth by the things you have,, for which you would not take money.

Wish they would improve security a bit, you can get into someone's info, change/withdraw an application with just a last name, DOB & zip....At least require some sort of password...

WYOMING is awesome. Not only is their website better but just their whole DWR Program in general is. They seem to put alot more effort in it than most states, Maybe it just seems that way cause I am from Utah. Can't wait to hunt the cowboy state again this year.

Wyomings Game and fish dept sucks, There just lucky they have a low resident population and a lot of Antelope habitat. Thats the only way hunting has stayed at all reasonable. Its just ten years behind Idaho in its decline, A lot of kids don't even take up hunting anymore. The 75%- 25% preference assures most kids that they will never draw a sheep or moose tag, (maybe when they are 80) there is no creative wildlife managment thought from anyone, just a few less or a few more tags here and there. If the access is easy there are hunters everywhere, and if the access is tough there are outfitters and hunters everywhere. The feed grounds are ripe for a major disease event, The average age of deer harvested is probably less than 2 1/2 years old. And online applications just cause the odds to become worse for people that really care about the sport. I hope I cheered everyone up this morning.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-10 AT 10:23AM (MST)[p]No doubt Wyoming has a good thing going, i agree with Forkwest and others.. Not only is their web site one of the easiest to work through, every time i have talked to them on the phone they were always very helpful and polite..
Wish i could say that about Idaho..

...OR they'll have a chance to draw two moose tags in their life. It takes around 12 points to draw a bull tag. That would put a child into their mid twenties. Five year wait to apply again...and another 12-15 years for the next. You only ruined your own morning.

Funny thing you say that runamuk, the Id F@G had a booth down at the expo it SLC. You would of thought they would have someone manning it that was friendly and a salesman. I found the exact opposite.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom