Onion field killer dies

feddoc

Long Time Member
Good riddance.

"Onion Field" killer Gregory Powell dies in California prison

Published August 13, 2012

Associated Press

LOS ANGELES ? Gregory Powell, who was convicted of killing a Los Angeles police officer during an infamous kidnapping that inspired Joseph Wambaugh's true-life crime book "The Onion Field," has died in prison at age 79, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation said Monday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/1...well-dies-in-california-prison/#ixzz23WfvT3aE

About time.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Great book.

Decent movie (James Woods was awesome in it...).

SAD real life event! :(

Dude died in prison, just as he should have.

S.

Feddoc;

The attorney that prosecuted Powell was one of my instructors at an advance evidence training course. Boy! was that a few years back. Had a wealth of information on that case that never made the news.

Powell demostrated to him how he got the drop on the officers when they approched his car by using his feet to bring his handgun up from the floorboard where he had it out of sight of the officers.

My memory is a little fuzzy on this, but I think this was also the case where it became a hard rule of an officer to never give up his gun even if someone is holding your partner hostage and threating to kill him.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-12 AT 11:29AM (MST)[p]I agree they both should have been executed and saved the taxpayers a lot of money housing and feeding them.

"Our house is protected by the good lord and a gun, You'll meet both of them if you show up uninvited."

How much taxpayer dollars was spent keeping that dirt bag alive and well all these years ?

Too bad he lived so long.

Between RELH being an ex-police officer and a Hatfield, he will live to be an old, old man.:) You'll never get the jump on him.

Eel

>Feddoc;
>
> The attorney that prosecuted
>Powell was one of my
>instructors at an advance evidence
>training course. Boy! was that
>a few years back. Had
>a wealth of information on
>that case that never made
>the news.
>
> Powell demostrated to
>him how he got the
>drop on the officers when
>they approched his car by
>using his feet to bring
>his handgun up from the
>floorboard where he had it
>out of sight of the
>officers.
>
> My memory
>is a little fuzzy on
>this, but I think this
>was also the case where
>it became a hard rule
>of an officer to never
>give up his gun even
>if someone is holding your
>partner hostage and threating to
>kill him.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH
>

That was a sad thing to read about.

The entire thing was a crappy deal. I just don't understand people like those two thugs.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-12 AT 07:31PM (MST)[p]we drove within 1/2 mile of that field Terry on our little tour......

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Eel, I called it being in "condition yellow" knowing what is going on around you and being prepared to react on a moments notice.

There is a lot of persons out there I made car stops on that never knew my 45 was in my hand and not the holster until I was sure things were ok.

RELH

Neither good guys nor bad guys have a label on their forehead. I don't get stopped much...maybe once every 3 years. Never had a problem with an officer who had his/her hand on their weapon as they approach.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom