One hell of a hunt for LEO's!

I love how the answer from everyone on there is that we need more legislation. The guy had permits and he was legal, the dumbace just let the animals out. What kind of law are you going to pass to keep that from happening? Dont kill yourself and let wild animals loose or you go to jail. Sounds like a great law to me. The answer is always more government. What a crock.

And don't forget the "wuvs". The sheriff pronouncing the word "wolves" as "wuvs" cracked me up.

Can you imagine the public out cry that will come out of this AFTER the public is safe again? The finger pointing and heart bleeding for the poor animals will be amazing.

Read the whole article Plumber they were in legal action according to the news to shut him down because he didn't have permits.

White, the preserve's neighbor, said Thompson had been in legal trouble, and police said he had gotten out of jail recently.

"He was in hot water because of the animals, because of permits, and (the animals) escaping all the time," White said. A few weeks ago, she said, she had to avoid some camels which were grazing on the side of a freeway.

So When your neighbor shows up with a tiger next to your house do you want a government regulation or zoning permit against that or not?

Exactly! And for an incident that only happens once every hundred years, if that? Total knee jerk reaction. They should just be honest and say - "No, the legislation is fine. Most people obey the law completely and when they don't we get a really fun hunt!"

HOOK 'EM!

>
>So When your neighbor shows up
>with a tiger next to
>your house
>

That would be awesome, I could go on Safari without leaving my yard. Guess its how you look at things.

I guess they're still looking for a monkey and a wolf. They should check inside one of the big cats.

Eel

>Read the whole article Plumber they
>were in legal action according
>to the news to shut
>him down because he didn't
>have permits.
>
>White, the preserve's neighbor, said Thompson
>had been in legal trouble,
>and police said he had
>gotten out of jail recently.
>
>
>"He was in hot water because
>of the animals, because of
>permits, and (the animals) escaping
>all the time," White said.
>A few weeks ago, she
>said, she had to avoid
>some camels which were grazing
>on the side of a
>freeway.
>
>So When your neighbor shows up
>with a tiger next to
>your house do you want
>a government regulation or zoning
>permit against that or not?
>

That is my point exactly, the laws are in place and IT STILL HAPPENED! More government is not the answer to anything, but it is always the first thing that stupid people call for when something happens.

So I think we agree Plumber less laws and enforce the ones we have. I was on a county zoning board and believe me really weird request, or people do really weird things that affect the guy on the adjoining property.

Would that be considered high fence? At the time of kill they were free range.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-11 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]Eel! Looks like you were right - the missing monkey was confirmed to have been eaten by one of the lions!

Also appears that one of the Tigers bit the dude's head after he ate his gun. Good lord!!

Sad story that all those animals had to be put down but it was the right decision from the beginning.

HOOK 'EM!

I guess they can be lucky that the owner didn't do what a friend of mine did back in the 70's.

He was quite a waterfowl hunter and waterfowl lover. He kept about 100 different live waterfowl at his place. He had about a dozen Canada Geese, and many different kinds of ducks. He had permits from the F&G to keep them.

The neighbors were always complaining about all the noise the birds made. I don't blame them really. Geese can be noisy, even at night. He was actively searching for a place to move where he could enjoy his birds without disturbing the neighbors.

I was a real estate agent at the time. (quit laughing Roy:))

I had just showed him a great place out in the country with a pond. He dearly wanted to buy it but he got turned down by the bank.

The next day he went over and killed the neighbor and his wife, and then took his own life.

I lived with guilt feelings for years because of it.

Eel

I know Eel, a loss of a sell can be hard on a person. I'm glad you pulled out of that rut. Probably to sell many maps of your honey holes.

Well - nothing to laugh at there for sure Eel. Sorry to hear you had to go through such a horrible experience. I was thinking you were going to say he did the same thing as my dad did when he got out of the pigeon business in his early twenties - yep, it only took a case of .12 guage shells and a case of beer but them homers and tumblers kept falling from the sky!

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom