One down, three to go

U

ultra300mag

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-10 AT 06:30PM (MST)[p]Well my daughter scored on her first Pronghorn yesterday. It was a fun hunt and she was excited with her trophy. Now if the Moose, Elk and Sheep hunt goes as well it will be a great year. going tomorrow for a couple of days to see if my wife can score her moose.
6513jensantelope2-1.jpg

That's a great buck - she should be excited. Congrats.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Sweet! Great buck! Be sure to tell her congrats for me.

The moose will be the toughest one to "get out of the way" before you head down to the desert for sheep.

The elk will be easier depending on the trophy standards.

Your sheep hunt will be the coolest deal of all. I hope to be involved in the chase. I'll try to bring Bro too.

Thanks Ultra and good luck to your daughter and wife. THEN you can relax and hunt sheep. LOL

Zeke

Wow Robert! That is a great antelope! Congrats to you both!
I think that is a better goat than the "the old man" has ever harvested---right?
Anyway, that is a great start to what promises to be the "best year ever"!
Thanks for sharing Bob, and if you need any help finding or hauling out a moose, I am available this weekend! I know some guy who took off work to help me with mine and I owe him big time!

Rick

Ultra

We're not coming to help if the weather isn't better than it was when we were there with littlebighorn!

If we come help you I hope we are better help than we were on their hunt. LOL

Best of luck on all the adventures.

Zeke

With someone as old an feeble as me any help is great help. We got back this afternoon from a weekend looking for bullwinkle. It was very hot and windy and not much moving. We found a few cows and one very small bull but nothing that we wanted to shoot yet. There is one problem with our unit, they are running a gas line right through the middle, I mean right through the middle. The unit is called middle ridge and it is a long ridge running east to west and the gas line is following the ridge. There are about 20 trackhoes and who knows how many cats running all day long. Hopefully the rut will keep them moving enough to find one to shoot or we may have to settle on the forked horn bull we saw. That is if he stays in the area. Oh well I guess they can't all go as smoothly as my daughter's pronghorn hunt. We will now start scouting the Wasatch for my other daughter's bull elk that opens on the 18th of September.

Having construction down the middle of your hunting unit sounds more like the "Grace Luck" your friends and family have all come to know and love! But hang in there because the rut tends to make a Bullwinkle as stupid as he looks. And as long as the cows will hang in there, a big bull is pretty likely to come wandering.
Anyway, good luck with the elk leg of your amazing fall and keep us all posted! I am going to be bold in saying there are many very good weekends still ahead for you guys!

Congrats to the daughter!!!! Don't settle on the moose yet. If a couple of us have to take her while your out on the sheep hunt we can do that!!! Get the elk out of the way with a good bull and then you can start to relax and think about you once in a lifetime !!! Willing to help any way I can. I will already be taking care of your office work!!! LOL. Good luck and I hope you end up with four trophys!!!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-07-10 AT 01:25PM (MST)[p]Well I guess this could now be called two down and two to go. Not that the moose is dead but due to the construction that is going on in the unit my wife and I decided that she would turn in her tag and get her points back and hopefully draw when the problem is over. Kind of a bummer but I think the best alternative at this point. I guess that will give me one more week that I can hunt my sheep.

Ultra

Bummer dude but I would do the same thing. A once in a lifetime tag is nothing to take lightly. She has enough points to hunt next year or the year after anyway.

Good luck on the wapiti and chase some our way. I think we will need more help than originally thought. Health issues and all with the hunter. We'll even take leftovers if you'll help pack it out. lol (that's the kind of friend I am)

Smart move on your part and the elk hunt will be here and done before you need to get serious about the sheep.

Good luck on both animals.

Zeke

Ditto to Zeke's comments!
It isn't right that unknown construction would ruin anyone's once in a lifetime tag! Much less your good wife's. At least now you will have something to look forward to in the future, instead of whacking and stacking every creature on the planet in one year!

I am definitely planning an October trip to the desert! Perhaps we can go find you one and tie him to a sage brush for you!

Good luck with the elk and let us know if you need any help!

Ultra

I'm even a better friend than littlebighorn.
Rather than just tying your ram to sage brush I'd be willing to go down and shoot one for ya. JK. What are friend for?

I too am hoping to tag along and help depending on when you go and when I finish with the Family mule deer outing. Family first. Luck either way!

Zeke

update; 2 down (elk, pronghorn), 1 turned in (moose due to construction in the unit), 1 wonderful Utah Desert Sheep hunt to go. GOOD LUCK BRO!

Bob, Congratulations to you and your daughter on harvesting a huge, magnificent bull elk!

We hope you post some pics when you get it all packed off the mountain.

Zeke

Congrats Ultra Clan..
Great looking bull. Next time you guys are at the Provo Office and have a few minutes drop by my office and fill me in on the hunt story. Too bad about your better half's moose tag but sounds like a smart move. And very few people will get the chance to open TWO once-in-a-life time Utah moose tags. sb

Now it is two down and one to go!
Congratulations Jody, and now the heat is on the old man with the desert sheep tag left. Also, great job of sticking with it and finding the bull. That is awesome!
Great bull

Looks like our end of the month trip is of.. Congrats on a great Desert Ram. I just seen the phone pic on Irv's phone and can't wait to hear the story.

Congratulations are in order for successfully filling the toughest tag in North America. It is good to see that sometimes the good guys still win out in the end. Way to go Bob! Three for Three.

Ultra

Congratulations on going 3 for 3 this year and harvesting a trophy ram. (the coolest animal in the whole wide world!)

You da man when it comes to getting the job done on trophy aminals this year! WOW

You should think about leaving a set of truck keys with me! Haha

Best, Zeke

Bowhunt

You'll love the story. Full of ups and downs.......oh, rain too.

I was not there, I was going to sheep camp with him about the 25th but....well....he didn't need me! My loss.

Zeke

It was a very fun hunt even with all the rain and flashflood potential. I am working on a story to post but here are some pictures for now. Pictures are always better than a story anyway. The photo showing me holding something small and red is my lucky bean. A good friend in Arizona once had me pick one up saying the story is that this type of bean is a lucky bean. I tried once to carry about 20 of them and did not score. He told me you were only supposed to carry one, so this one goes on all my hunts. Thanks to Mark and Remington and all those who had committed to come later but now will not be able to. Sorry.
7198101_3770.jpg

3114101_3780.jpg

2356101_3786.jpg

5675101_3791.jpg

6722101_3793.jpg

4088101_3795.jpg

5924101_3800.jpg

Yes! Way to go get it done. That just looks like fun.
I am anxious to hear the story and see more pics.

Great Job.

Congrats to you and both of your daughters. Way to go. I'm happpy for all of you. Thanks for letting me be involved!!! Hopefully in the next year or two we can find your wife a Moose!!!!

I love the pics Bob! They really make us all wish we could have been with you, but we are all even more pleased that you scored on a nice ram. Congratulations again.
Now you can come help me next year on my sheep.....Oh wait, I still have to draw. Dang!

Great pics Bob and thanks for letting me stop by Wednesday to hold them. Sorry about the drool on the horns. I'm sure the taxidermist can fix that. Good thing we were out in the garage.

Can't wait to see the video clips of your hunt.

Oh yeah...I'm going to be needing one of them lucky red beans.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom