on line tire sales

I looked into that and I could save up to $70 a piece per tire, excluding freight, tax and then pay for mounting and balancing,I wouldn't save a dime.I just use my local tire company which covers the western states and gives me free rotation and balancing, I know that all that free stuff isn't free but it sure is convenient.

I bought a set of these Nitto's in the fall of 2011 from, believe it was Tirerack.com

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LT285-75R16...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3390ff183e&vxp=mtr

The ones i bought cost me right at $1000. total delivered to my local tire shop. My tire shop charged me $100. to do what they do. I'm still running them, they are about 1/2 tread, no flats yet, not much noise, really a good tire!

What i liked? i saved money and got a tire not locally on the racks.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

I sorta did same as Joey,my local guy and I ordered and he installed,etc.
Cheeper than discount.

Downside is not being covered nation wide if something goes wrong.

I like to have my tires siped. Adding that and mounting and balancing, online saves me nothing. I also use a dealer popular all over the West. Any problems I have are covered. mtmuley

I ordered my last set for my jeep from fourwheelparts.com. I paid less for all 4 shocks, 5 tires and wheels mounted, balanced and shipped than they quoted me in town for 4 of the same tires. But living in a mining community everything tends to be a lot more expensive locally than online.

Its the only way I buy tires anymore, barring an emergency replacement situation. I generally buy through discount tires eBay store, they often have coupons for $100 off any $400 purchase. Tons of money to be saved!

2a0fcsk.gif

I have used tirebuyer.com but when I looked for my latest set I decided it was sixes to get them in town.

no we use our local tire company free rotations and i run Hercules tires on almost everything ,,,, used to do the corporate thing but what a pain in the ass ,,,, our local people do a really good job

I used Tirebuyer.com $138 per tire for General Grabber AT2. Free shipping. $60 mount and balance at local store. Big savings. I guess the down fall would be no warranty or rotations.

Somebody better find out where kilo Buys His 97,000 Mile Tires!:D

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom