? on Fluid Heads

tracker12

Very Active Member
I have a very good quality tripod that was given to me years ago. Problem is the head is more geared towards a camera vice spotting scope. First question: are all heads universal or do I need something specific to the mine. The base is round but I have no idea on the threading.

Second any recommendations for a fluid head. I will be using a Swaro ATM 65.

Slik looks like a nice lightweight option. But I think I am going to look for something a little more substantive. My buddy has an 80mm scope and the weight may be a little more that that model can handle in a wind.

Fluid head is the only way to go! I have them on both my tripods.
Your swaro scope will lock into it. no plate or other attachments necessary.

Well, if you really want to go fluid,

760106.jpg

Fluid cartridge and counterbalance for optimal performance.
Watch a couple you tube videos on this head.
The counterbalance is super sweet.

But, if you want easy to use, solid, and in a small package with no odd arms sticking out??

368325.jpg

Yeah, its hydraulic. Its a bit overkill for a 65mm spotting scope, but once you have used one, it will change the way you look at tripod heads forever.

72logo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-14 AT 06:26AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-14 AT 06:26?AM (MST)

That second Manfrotto ball head is very nice. Hydrostatic mechanism thou not hydraulic. I'd have to try one at that cost point that does not have a tilt before I invested that much.

Ended up buying a Manfrotto 700RC2.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom