OLYMPICS

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
OLYMPICS

Right now the Summer Games have started. Our Soccer Women's Team is in the 2nd Quarter against Canada, score is 3 to 3. Those Ladies are running and in quite a battle.

Opening Ceremonies are Friday. Guess who has been selected, by Athletes to carry our American Flag...?

The "World Championship's" are actually where an Athlete wants to Win. That's where all Nations get to send everyone. It's much harder to Win Gold there because of the larger numbers of Athletes. However, The Olympics are what those at Home get to watch.

For me, the upcoming week is far more important than any other Sports seen on TV or, in person.

Jagerdad :)

I made a mistake. I got suckered by excitement and what was showing on TV.

The Olympic Woman's Soccer Team's begin NOW at 3pm.

It is USA vs New Zealand.

On Direct TV I believe it's channel 220 and 205.

"Opening Ceremonies are Friday. Guess who has been selected, by Athletes to carry our American Flag...?"

Brucette Jenner?

Not too interested but will probably watch the Men's Downhill if I happen to catch it.

Michael Phelps

When you have a POTUS who has openly admitted smoking pot, it suddenly seems like not such a big deal. I couldn't have the job I have today nor have had the military career I did if I had ever admitted or been caught having smoked pot, but some animals are more equal than others, and the laws are only for us little people...

Darth Vader was a sap.

will watch Olympics non stop at work but not at home. Don't have tv at home anymore.
Yep Phelps is our flag man this year. I'm sure he is smoking more now than ever before with it being legal here in CO. He knows when he has to be clean by for testing... till then light it up.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

I have been wondering if I made a mistake in Posting OLYMPICS here in Campfire...?

Do "we" have a Positive tone to utter...?

So, allow me to ask why the minor negatively slanted comments when the last sacred place where over 200 Countries leave behind their political views (as best as possible) and unite as one Human Race is; The Olympics...?

Here in America if you want to be an Athlete, you pay a hefty price. Your Social life is limited, you Train, Train, Train then Train more. You pay your own way and often never from wealthy families. Everyday hard working folks find a way to climb the personal ladder to be selected as; Team USA. Most fail but they tried.

If Phelps recent past with Marijuana + DUI'zz shocked some, what about Prince Harry in Las Vegas...? Both young men never had true freedoms as most others have had. Anyone here on Campfire act similar when their age...? I am long past being shocked or let down by Celebrities and especially our Sports Stars. The two individuals above let themselves and others down by their actions.

Now try taking time to click on the link, view the video about "Whereabouts". Imagine filling out a Years Quarterly Calender listing where you will be (Complete addresses), every minute for Months into the future. Your phone sending a Tracking data showing where you are. Here is the link on the Calender: http://www.usada.org/testing/whereabouts/

If this sounds unconstitutional....ok, don't be an Olympic Athlete. I can tell you that living life under usada is hard. Filling out the Quarterly Calender is hard and making changes ramps up anxiety, ie: Getting confirmation from usada of the change.

You the Athlete are to be available at any listed location and, without notice, usada drug testing staff will show up to give you a test, 24/7/365. If you are NOT at the denoted location, they do not try to find you, they leave and you are given a: "Refusal".

The only point I am directly writing about is Positive support for the Summer Olympics and Team USA. Opinions and negative positions may be better served in the Political Forum.

I regard this Campfire Family of folks as highly loyal Americans with Humbleness. Am I wrong...? Just Wondering.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-16 AT 04:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-16 AT 04:53?PM (MST)

Jagerdad, you have a point, and I agree with you. I have lived a life where I was under constant scrutiny and subject to drug testing at any time, as well as having my car or other property searched or sniffed out by a drug dog, with no 4th Amendment protections.

And we lowly beings who've never known the kind of sacrifices that the athletes make should be humbled by their dedication.

And yet, that is all the more reason I am disgusted and sick to death of the endless stories about corruption inside the Olympics Committee itself, and the CHEATING by certain nation States that I won't name.

It's not all pure as the driven snow.

Part of this is the fault of the corrupt "news" media, but really...? Do we have to hear every time how many hundreds of thousands of condoms are given to the athletes? It's some secret that thousands of hard body teen-agers and early 20-somethings are going to be rutty as a bunch of wild pigs and scroggin' anywhere and everywhere they can? Who among us would not be doing THAT in their shoes?

I do expect a higher standard of conduct from Michael Phelps, just as I do NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL and the rest. Disappointed doesn't begin to cover it. They ARE role models for our kids, but so many don't act it.

God bless the Tony Gwinn's and the Babe Ruths. The Babe was a drunk, but he knew that kids were watching him and that they looked up to him.

Is it not a shocking scandal that our basketball team has to live and sleep on a yacht because the nation of Brazil failed to have acceptable facilities prepared for them? They're making parody songs about sewage on the beach!

Who inspected that ahead of time and told Brazil either get it together or it's all moving somewhere that already has facilities? Maybe that's an idealistic view, but do we think there wouldn't be Olympics this summer if God had decided to just firebomb Rio and destroy it? (Ever seen "Starship Troopers"? Or was that Buenos Aires?)

And yes, Prince Harry is a jackass to go anywhere in public and behave like a jackass. I'm just sure his living family and his ancestors are right proud of him.

I for one am just sick of seeing corruption everywhere I look, and the Olympics Games are no exception--not anymore.

And there's one more thing... I may get some flak for this, but in my view, every single person who has ever bought or used illegal drugs, whether cocaine, PCP, heroin, meth or just weed, is responsible for the existence of the drug lords and cartels. Without buyers here in the US, those guys don't have a market, and they either don't exist, or they are somebody else's bad neighbor.

I hold every single drug user and addict responsible for the assassinations and the beheadings and the rest of the mayhem those evil people bring to the world.

"Darth Vader was a sap"

Finally it's time for Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics. If it's ok, I'd be curious to know how many will be watching...?

>...I take that back...when is the
>beach volley ball??

Took him exactly one minute to change his mind about that! I know my wife will be watching gymnastics and swimming, and maybe beach volleyball...

"Darth Vader was a sap"

Beach What?

Homer told us last time it was Ass Slappin!:D

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

>for your sake....hopefully for different reasons...
>

That thought never occurred to me! Yeah, she was a gymnast, volleyball player and a cheerleader. So yeah, different reasons!

"Darth Vader was a sap"

AGAIN... USA WOMEN WIN FIRST GOLD MEDAL, 10 METER AIR RIFLE, SHOOTING..!!!!! :) :) :)

JENNY THRASHER :)

She still has 50 Meter (That's with 22 Rifles) then she fly's Home and rejoins West Verginia Soph College Classes.

Told Yah WOMEN are #1 :)

I saw Kim Rhode and I bet she also kicks Butt. I've known Kim forever and she is one tough winner. Builds Car Engine's, Get's greasy, many things and she is as Sweet as they come.

California Girls :) :) :)

Isn't a "Clean & Jerk" Weightlifting...?

Can you get on the roof and twist the Antenna..?

Men's Rowing was on. More to follow. But, No lines in the water :-(

yes....4.5 foot chinese girls lifting 192kg over their heads....not appealing.

When is beach volleyball???

Found out our super cheapo econo deluxe channels package on DirecTV doesn't have some of the channels that some Olympics sports are on.

Yep. I get 205 but not 220.

"Darth Vader was a sap"

Homer has a FETISH!

29131slap1.jpg

Intern[/font]

Once every 4 years I wish I had taken up Badminton instead of getting a job and going to work....:(

Homer...Buddy.

Some Athletes have Tattoo's.

It's an International way to have new friends "Slap" where they are from.

Youth's...? What's the point...?

18210findrio.jpg

"yes....4.5 foot chinese girls lifting 192kg over their heads....not appealing."

until it's time to pack out your moose....

If you want real action, turn on the Woman's RUGBY. USA vs Australia (The Best). You will Not be disappointed.

Our Ladies when in the Scrum, kick BUTT'zzz :) not pat them.

It's on Now.

By Request!

(((Not My Doing!:D)))

54353homer1.jpg

Intern[/font]

>
>
57463slap2.jpg

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned
>in to be Hillary's
>Intern[/font]
>
>

You're welcome.... for the second look!

If Homer has a fetish, so do I. WOW!
Zeke

>
>
>If Homer has a fetish, so
>do I. WOW!
>Zeke

He ain't alone...

I'll share one thing that Jagerdad sent me years ago... I'm really sad that I think I lost it on a crashed hard drive at some point, because I should know better. The gist of it was a list of characteristics of lesbians (i.e., attraction to women, liking how they smell, loving the shape of their body parts, etc.), and the punchline was "I think I'm a lesbian". It was very funny.

"Darth Vader was a sap"

>>
>>
>>If Homer has a fetish, so
>>do I. WOW!
>>Zeke
>
>
>He ain't alone...
>
>I'll share one thing that Jagerdad
>sent me years ago... I'm
>really sad that I think
>I lost it on a
>crashed hard drive at some
>point, because I should know
>better. The gist of it
>was a list of characteristics
>of lesbians (i.e., attraction to
>women, liking how they smell,
>loving the shape of their
>body parts, etc.), and the
>punchline was "I think I'm
>a lesbian". It was very
>funny.
>
>
>
>
>
>"Darth Vader was a sap"

An old cowboy sat down at the bar and ordered a drink. As he sat sipping his drink, a young woman sat down next to him. She turned to the cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "Well, I've spent my whole life, breaking colts, working cows, going to rodeos, fixing fences, pulling calves, bailing hay, doctoring calves, cleaning my barn, fixing flats, working on tractors, and feeding my dogs, so I guess I am a cowboy."

She said, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women. As soon as I get up in the morning, I think about women. When I shower, I think about women. When I watch TV, I think about women. I even think about women when I eat. It seems that everything makes me think of women."

The two sat sipping in silence.

A little while later, a man sat down on the other side of the old cowboy and asked, "Are you a real cowboy?"

He replied, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

I do believe that was it! Thanks for that!

Sound familiar Jager? ?

Maybe ya got another one I miss terribly... it went something to the effect of "Why have rules when English EFFS them before breakfast?" It set out one after another the rules of grammar and then rebutted them with exceptions and then exceptions to the exceptions. But it did so in a sarcastic and humorous way.

"Darth Vader was a sap"

Men's International Trap. Now, before I write more, many readers have shot Trap. It's American Trap. The Clay Target machines are set to throw "Evenly" at a preset upward angle, Left to Right + in the middle(s) and rather reduced speed of say; 60 mph. Shotguns are 12 ga and loads are 1 1/8th Ounce.

"International Trap" is ramped up. Clay Targets are thrown at far Left to Right and Up-Down, all in Various Angles. Clay Targets fly at 120 mph. Loads are of a normal 20 ga but in 12 ga being 7/8th's Ounce shot. A 1/4th less shot. Geez...!!!!

I am in no manner saying our American Trap is simple or of no challenge to score 100 of 100; That alone is hard. Yet in International the shooter calls for the Bird and a random computer DELAY decides when to release the Bird (Clay Target).

I did not seek the SHOOT-OFF Video. I somewhat understand my audience here on Campfire (Great Individuals) and I am not belittling any one's past or shooting abilities. Maybe the reason why I thorough threw such posts is somewhere a reader may see such, investigate and a YOUTH is brought into the Sport(s) of Shooting. I will never know of such, but is worth my humble efforts.

You can bet your Ass Homer is Glued to Walsh & Ross right about now!

Intern[/font]

Elkassassin....You WIN the best Post of 2016. I have been staring so long at it, all I see is Green + Hydrostatic shock waves. I'm Blind....

1000's more to follow my Plight :) :) :)

Good thing Founder never checks up on what the Boy's in Campfire are doing :)

>Is that the Olympics or a
>Carl's Junior commercial?
>
>
>
>
>"Darth Vader was a sap"

Well PUTER Guy!

It's the Closest Thing I could find to a VolleyBall SLAP!

Homer said He didn't really care if it was a Commercial or not!:D

Intern[/font]

Don't know if you Guys & Gals seen the 10,000 Meter Run or not?

Farah Falls & Gathers Himself up like nothing ever happened & Still Won the Race!

JUDAS!

I Was Thinking I Sure Wish I could Gather Myself up that Quick after a Fall!:D

Intern[/font]

>
>Don't know if you Guys &
>Gals seen the 10,000 Meter
>Run or not?
>
>Farah Falls & Gathers Himself up
>like nothing ever happened &
>Still Won the Race!
>
>JUDAS!
>
>I Was Thinking I Sure Wish
>I could Gather Myself up
>that Quick after a Fall!:D
>
>

>[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned
>in to be Hillary's
>Intern[/font]
>

No, I missed that, but I did see this Dutch girl. She had a big lead and fell but didn't get up. She's still in intensive care and that was a week ago.

As of today the Gold, Silver, Bronze count is 28, 28, 28 = 84 for USA :) :)

Simone Biles is given surprise....her LOVE = Zac Efron
http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/zac-efron-had-butterflies-meeting-simone-biles-w434861

http://www.today.com/video
or
http://www.today.com/video/simone-b...-has-internet-crying-happy-tears-745799747856

It is nice to see how many of us are color blind right down to our bone marrow.

Then I ask myself, why can't low income areas not burn their neighborhood when a riot is stirred up...? Again, it all falls upon Parenting's. What is taught in the Home does "affect" the children.

Affect is usually used as a verb. It is an action word that means to produce a change in or influence something.
Effect is usually used as a noun. It is an event that means a change that occurred. When an "s" is added, "effects" means personal belongings.

Anyone willing to work at Practice (name the discipline) CAN have a Journey towards making the Olympic Team. Money is never the main denominator.

Also:

A Brazilian Judge seems to be "After" American Olympic Swimmers. Trying to Seize Passports....

http://www.fxtribune.com/us/father-lochte-back-in-us-rio-judge-orders-passports-held-h204218.html

The below is a short middle section of the story found on the above link.

The office of Judge Keyla Blank confirmed the order to seize the passports of Lochte and Feigen in a statement Wednesday.

The U.S. Olympic Committee said police went to the athletes village Wednesday morning to try to collect the passports, but the swim team had already moved out.

"We will continue to cooperate with Brazilian authorities," Sandusky said.

The U.S. State Department issued a statement Wednesday encouraging those involved to cooperate with Brazilian law enforcement.

A USA Swimming spokesman and Lochte's attorney, Jeff Ostrow, did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

Lochte and three of his teammates said they were robbed at gunpoint in a taxi Sunday morning as they returned to the athletes village from a party, several hours after the last Olympic swimming events were held.

Police have found little evidence so far to support their accounts, and say the swimmers were unable to provide key details in police interviews.

"Why would anybody fabricate anything?" Steve Lochte said. "It's just ridiculous."

A police official with knowledge of the investigation told the AP that police cannot find their taxi driver or witnesses. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

With so much Government unrest and Corruption noted by the media, wonder how the story will pan out...?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom