Olympic Team Tryouts

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
I just watched the local San Francisco women's Beach Volleyball now Olympic Diving begins. Anyone watching...?

Each discipline is mesmerizing in their Athletic Talents.

Favorites anyone...?

On a side note, I can remember back in 1982 when I managed a restaurant in Long Beach, California. I had two employees who were Olympic athletes in the 1978 Summer Olympics. One was a swimmer on the women's team who got smoked by the East Germans. The other was a diver on the women's team. A few years later, one of my bus boys was in the 1984 Olympic in the men's sculls.
Also new a volleyball player who got screwed by Jimmy Carter and his boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. He still hates Cater to this day. Some of my wife's old high school classmates were also part of the 1980 Olympic Volleyball Team.
A fellow restaurant manager for the company was an alternate for the Olympic swim team. I help him move into a new apartment one day and saw several NCAA swimming trophy's, all were for second place. I asked him who one 1st place in all these races. He looked at me and said "Two words....Mark
Spitz"...lol. My younger brother helped design the 1984 Olympic logo for the 1984 Summer Olympic in Los Angeles with the graphic arts company he was working for at the time.
I used to be a big fan of the Olympics, but once professionals were allowed to compete, my interest has waned.
Another cool note, last year, I did a small job for an archery facility in Southern California. The fellow I dealt with was the U.S. Olympic archery coach for the 2012 Summer Olympics....great guy.

Man slinginlead, You've had about as close of an association with the Olympics and anyone ever could! Lots of cool history and stories for you!

And once again Homer is 100% correct! It's my fav, then diving, for the same reasons. Hey, I'm not dead yet and a guy cam look!

Yes, I've been watching some of the tryouts. Lots of incredible talent, skill and training. Quite a sacrifice to get to those levels.

Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom