Old shotgun shells

eelgrass

Long Time Member
I ran across these this morning while digging in an old cedar chest. It brought back some memories.

Back in the 1960's I had a neighbor who was in his 70's and no longer hunted ducks. One day he told me he would give me a box of shells for every limit of ducks I would bring him. I thought that was a great deal.

I brought him many limits of birds and he would disappear into his house and bring out a box of shells. It might be .410 gauge, 28 gauge, or 16 gauge.....I never knew. I shot most of the 12 gauge shells. (but I wish now I had kept them). I cringed every time they weren't something I could shoot, but I never complained. Now I think they're pretty cool. They're all paper cases.

18267oldshells002.jpg

7697oldshells003.jpg

Anyway, I thought you might enjoy the story.

That is nice, I just picked up a 16Ga and with it came over 20 boxes of paper shells.
They are still as good as ever.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Very cool!
There's quite a demand for those shells. Some decorate with old ammo and the likes.
I have some OLD bullet boards that I'll grow on the wall when I get my trophy room finished.
Fine story to go with your old ammo too.
Zeme

You can buy a lot of that nostalgic stuff on AuctionArms and the like. Some goes for a pretty penny. They don't make ammo boxes like they used to. Always liked the pictures and what no on the old stuff. Paper shells are still the most fun to shoot.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

it's a deal eel.....I'll give you 2 bucks for those 3" 410's.....

you pay shipping??

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

Homer, it says $2.90 on the box. Not sure I'm ready to take a loss. They're lead pellets anyway and would just get you into trouble.

Very nice Longun! Those are awesome. I have a few solid brass empties too. I have one single shell made be Ajax that's from the 1920's.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom