old photos

mntman

Long Time Member
The grandpa's deer thread was interesting, so lets see some of those old photo's you got.

Many, many years we took our pictures of the deer only hanging up in the garage. That was simply the way it was done back then.
8140oct_2004-1st_buck_with_bow_001.jpg

We were out clearing shooting lanes this day. We call it the creek stand. Lots of good bucks have been seen/shot from this stand. Shot my first deer from it when I was 12. Missed him at less than 15 feet, only to hit him on the second shot at about 60 yards, lol
8399pic_25.jpg

Dad back in the day, one of his biggest bucks shot and the 3rd buck he shot that opening day prior to lunch! All off the same stand, crazy story he has for it. I always enjoy hearing it over and over.
4695pic_39.jpg

Not sure who was more surprised this day; myself or my parents. I was blind as a bat back then, I needed glasses and didn't know it. Couldn't see crap, so I rarely ever hit those dang grouse :)
2423pic_60.jpg

Dad, brother (Dennis) and I, on a relative's farm in Southern MN. Was the one and only time we seen one of the black pheasants and I shot it. Took my all 5 shots in my gun but got'm on the last one. Dad and Dennis just stood there wondering what in the hell I was shooting at and hoping I missed. They were worried it was something illegal :)
1240pic_49.jpg

I was kissing the minnows good bye before they put them on the hook. Dad then noticed the minnows were disappering a little too fast... They then noticed I was eating them :)
9478pic_70.jpg

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

RELH, I love to fish! Here in CO I enjoy chasing monster Lake trout! It is the best :)
Here is a pic of Sarah with one she caught; 39 1/2", estimated around 25lbs. I have pics of bigger ones but they show too much back ground, so I don't share those on public forums...

26502_apr_2008-39.5_001.jpg

At another point in my life around 16-18 years old, I would go smelting. It is a small fish that runs up the streams at night in the spring just prior to ice out. You wade into the streams with a net to scoop them out and then fry them at home. They are about 6-8" long. Well they say it is good luck to bite the head off and then spit it out from the first one you get for the year. I was usually a bit drunk before we ever got there so I'd end up EATING the heads of about the first 50 or so, lol. Good times.

Come on guys, I know you got those old pics and ready to share them :)

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Very nice! Black pheasant, interesting. Did you have it mounted?

I had some old photos on my computer that suddenly died. I'll have to start over and post.

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom