Old man rated Elk hunt

W

wisconsinfarmer

I know it's a long shot, but I've got a 72 year old uncle who decided that if he can get a elk tag with 0 pp and find a guided hunt that doesn't involve him walking more than 1/2 a mile or so to and from the truck he'd really like to try and go.

So I have no clue where to even begin to help him find something like that or if it's even possible to get into an area where that's even possible, but does anyone know of a guide that maybe has some lower private leases that this maybe could be done?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would really like to get this guy on a elk hunt once.

Trevor

Look at Colorado... Tags in the 3rd or 4th season and look at unit 3, 4, 301... I worked for a guide up on and off for years. It is weather dependent. No snow you may not see any, snow you could see a 100 plus a day. Most of the clients we had were older guys with limitations like you mentions. Look up Gary Brennan of BS outfitters in Craig, Or Chris Journey of CJ outfitting in Craig, they have easier lower country hunts. If he is not looking to kill a bull there are private land only cow tags that run the entire month of November and give a person a great opportunity to see elk. Hunting is basically sitting in the truck on a High point and waiting for the elk to migrate through, when you find them drive as close as you can and then sneek out. The properties we always hunted never had much more than a mile hike with a majority of the time only needing a couple hundred yards from the truck.

Just a thought... Bull tags in this area are OTC during regular seasons and easy to draw in later seasons. There are also Landowner tags that are easy to draw and pretty cheap. Both Chris and Gary will know people withtags.

I got some info on a pm that I'm looking into for him. He refuses to fly and he says driving to NM is just to damn far. So I'm not left with a lot to work with, but I'll see what I can make happen for him.

A Montana elk hunt on a general license on a big private ranch would do him fine. Check out guides in the Little Belt and Big Belt Mountains so you don't have to drive to Western Montana.

Nothing any better than a late season cow hunt in unit 16 Wyoming or units 11/211 in Colorado.A December hunt has pretty high success.

I've got to say Thanks to everyone that pm'ed me and posted. He's got plenty of options and I just don't know what/or if he will do anything if he does I'll post pic's.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom