Old hunting story....

feddoc

Long Time Member
Back in the 70s we used to camp in a place about 15 miles south of where we are now. On one trip my BIL from Missouri came along. Decent guy who carried a Browning BAR in .300 winnie. All of us, maybe 8 or so, were sneaking down a hill on what was a 4 mile drive. He was to my left.

Anyway, about an hour into the drive, I heard him shoot. So, I turned his direction and waited. Then I heard two quick shots, which I thought was a kill shot(s). It was, but not on an elk.

When I got there, it was clear he was not a happy guy. Turns out he shot a porcupine and was carrying it back...for some reason. Then it had a muscle spasm of some kind (he had wrapped it's fingers around the front paws) and Gary got quilled.

Reminds me of this video>>>>

Back in the 70s we used to camp in a place about 15 miles south of where we are now. On one trip my BIL from Missouri came along. Decent guy who carried a Browning BAR in .300 winnie. All of us, maybe 8 or so, were sneaking down a hill on what was a 4 mile drive. He was to my left.

Anyway, about an hour into the drive, I heard him shoot. So, I turned his direction and waited. Then I heard two quick shots, which I thought was a kill shot(s). It was, but not on an elk.

When I got there, it was clear he was not a happy guy. Turns out he shot a porcupine and was carrying it back...for some reason. Then it had a muscle spasm of some kind (he had wrapped it's fingers around the front paws) and Gary got quilled.

Reminds me of this video>>>>

a new “Best Of Stocks” series.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom