Old Fart's = Tech Dad

Jagerdad

Very Active Member
My new truck has seemingly endless computer technologies as stock. However, I asked my Daughter how to blend the voice commands to "Make" Text messages and maybe even emails as I drive. She quickly said it can't be done. "I Knew it COULD"...but I kept quiet. Kinda FUN to shock young'ens as to what Ole Pop's can do.

I did a few minutes looking and found the below. Once on the site, there are topics up top for various areas of a vehicle. I figured that if I post the below, it may help another "Old fart" find some very helpful technologies that easily hook-up and give an older vehicle enhancements that will be enjoyed while on a long distance drive to Hunting Grounds. I will see if a Satellite service can make up for times when no cell service is available, ie: sending Text to Home, etc... Possibly also send Pictures and Video from afar.

Jagerdad :)

HOW CAN I CONNECT MY IPOD OR OTHER AUDIO DEVICE TO MY CAR RADIO?

http://www.carid.com/articles/connect-smartphone-ipod-to-car-radio.html

Steering Wheel Control Kit by Axxess?. Add steering wheel control to your OEM radio without replacing the wheel and steering column, or adding messy wiring. Mount the buttons anywhere you want on the wheel.

The below steering-wheel set-up looks like many things may be added to our older vehicles.

Features:

Add steering-wheel button functions to OEM radio
Remappable buttons
Preprogrammed with most popular functions
Auto-detects radio for easy setup
Interface module mounts behind radio
Adjustable center button
Painted matte black finish
Two wire hook up behind the radio
This interface is designed to allow you to add steering wheel control options to vehicles without factory steering wheel radio controls. The controller will allow the customer to adjust their radio without taking their eyes off the road. The transmitter will come preprogrammed with your most popular features like volume up/ volume down/ seek up/ seek down/ and source. The option of remapping the buttons to fit every customer needs makes this a must have item in the Axxess lineup.

Axxess Integrate, a subsidiary of mobile audio's one-stop-shopping conglomerate Metra, is at the very forefront of the mobile audio installer's field. Their cutting-edge interfaces make adding to or installing a car stereo, nav system, sat radio or auxiliary amplifier easy. With the complexity of modern vehicles, it's not a simple operation to install aftermarket electronics that will properly interface with the car's wiring, onboard computers and OEM infotainment system. Axxess has it figured out and dialed in. more details on - https://www.carid.com/axxess/steering-wheel-control-kit.html

Other options and things I don't understand is at: http://www.carid.com/axxess/

This link is what I received when I entered my new truck. You can play with the site and, this company is just one of many.

Jagerdad ( Just trying to help other MM'eys {Old farts} + Learn tech things myself )

:)

LAST EDITED ON Aug-26-16 AT 05:49PM (MST)[p]My brother-in-law got a new Jeep that has all that new technology. And I mean all of it.

When you get in it senses the mood you're in and automatically plays music accordingly. (you have to do a profile ahead of time.) It picks up on how you get into the car, ie how fast you get in, how hard you slam the door, etc. You can usually disable that function with a voice activated command, but it ignores you if you try to lie.

If you fart on the seat, it will automatically send out a chosen air freshener. (I think there are 5 different smells to chose from.)

:D:D

Forget all that. I just want a manually operated wing window on the driver's side. Is that too much to ask in 2016??????

If they put a spill proof bait bucket with an ice maker and aerator I'm in.

>If they put a spill proof
>bait bucket with an ice
>maker and aerator I'm in.
>

WHERE TH You been drifter?

I'd Like the 'AUTO SEEKING BIG BUCKS & BULLS' Option!

Seen a Guy 2 Days ago that needed more TECH for His F'N Bicycle!

He was riding down the Side-Walk!

Look!

No Hands!

Hands were on His F'N Cell Phone!

Musta been Good Stuff!

Drifted to the Right & Dead Centered a BIG Tree about 4' in Diameter!

The Front Rim looked kinda like BeanMans Rim!:D

As He starts Gathering Himself Up!

First F'N Priority is to find His Phone!

[font color="blue"]dude has his Resume turned in to be Hillary's
Intern[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom