old farts like Eelgrass

D

Deadred7o7

This is Eelgrass last week of work he is retiring from the mill on Thursday. Just wanted everyone to give him a good dose of crap for it.

Kyle
"If it moves shoot it again"

Congrats Eel,Now maybe we can start buying some straight lumber without beer stains all over it, ha ,ha.

Wanting to get him a nice gift what's the best calibre for turtles?

Kyle

Just think Eel! No more wood after Thursday! It's ok they sell pills for that now!

Don't drink and call your Girlfriend at night!!!!!!

A Big CONGRATS to Steve!!! He's earned it and now he'll have little excuse but to come help me chase these big trout around!!

Lots of retired guys i know are busier now than when they were working??

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Congrats.

3128retirementdemotivator.jpg

WTF you been deadred????....out selling NRA memberships?????????????

congrats eel.......I bet the company is celebrating too......lol

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

Eel and I are going into a joint farming/ hunting operation. We plan to grow dope on his back 40 and sell it to democrats in Colorado and then use the profits to hire Doyle to guide us to semi tame animals. I can't wait.

2311idiot.jpg

Overton I got a few $ to invest with you and eel! Don't tell my x!!!

>
>Eel and I are going into
>a joint farming/ hunting operation.
>We plan to grow dope
>on his back 40 and
>sell it to democrats in
>Colorado and then use the
>profits to hire Doyle to
>guide us to semi tame
>animals. I can't wait.
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Bigfish

That will work out great since Eel and I are too afraid to drive through Salt Lake City, now you can drive.

2311idiot.jpg

Congrats Eel, now you can hunt those honey holes and catch those big bruisers with Sage. Do not tell my Cuz you gave me a copy of the honeyhole map when we had dinner. He would try to beat me to the stand and shoot that big one.

RELH

Ok that sounds good to me! But we need a code word like little kona tuna! Don't tell anyone the password! Ok

>Bigfish
>
>That will work out great since
>Eel and I are too
>afraid to drive through Salt
>Lake City, now you can
>drive.
>
>
>
>
2311idiot.jpg

Becki see how a Father and Son going into business together, such a pretty picture.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Deadred7o7 might have misunderstood. I told him I was going to quit working this Thursday....didn't say I was going to RETIRE.:)

Friday is a great minus tide so I can't work Friday.

Actually I'll be in and out until the end of June. Official retirement day is June 28. It's going to take me that long to teach Deadred anything.:)

Eel

Congrats on a long career Steve! I hope you enjoy your retirement. My grandpa used to mark the calendar and count the days after he was done. He enjoyed it for sure.

Here is another tribute to you!:

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Steve...it is about time to hang it up! You are doing it all wrong though, go on vacation use all of your days up and then come in on the last day before retiring, turn in your keys, hard hat, and any other "junk" that you were given and walk out.

Might be an excuse for me to drive up there and take you to lunch out at the Samoa Cook House or any other place that has "good food" up there.

Congrats buddy and when it is all over, you will be busier than before trying to schedule things to do.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Kilo there is a great seafood restraunt at the foot of the bridge going over to the Somoa cook house. It overlooks the boats docked in the marina.

Eel took me and the wife to a seafood restraunt in town. Food was very good, but the one at the marina is even better.

RELH

All you young guys should be so lucky to reach retirement age!

Well done Eel......!

I might even come up for the "party", although it's a 8 hour drive from here.....when you are retired you can plan things like that.

"Being an idiot is NOT an art form. Give it up!"

RELH...I know the place you are talking about just had a senior moment...LOL I was up in Eureka back in the late 80's as the shop up there needed a device we were using down south. After taking it to the shop, the Foreman there took me to lunch at that marina and he or company paid my lunch. Yes, it was real good food then too.

Nickman...I retired at 59-1/2 y.o. and don't regret it at all except the guys now are getting BIG BUCKS that are still working compared to what I got...that was 11-1/2 years ago.

Brian

>Hey Brian what did you do
>before you retired?
>
>
>Don't drink and call your Girlfriend
>at night!!!!!!

You mean after the Civil war????

Eel

A ya! After the picture with lincoln and him in high school! Was he there helping Ben Franklin with the kite?

Pretty neat video Roy. I've never seen or heard that before. Love Johnny Cash though.

I started out working in the woods. A very dangerous job for sure. I'd been there about a week trying to make a good impression, and almost got hurt a few times making all the rookie mistakes. An old guy by the name of Ivan Dooley pulled me aside one day and said I was going to die if I didn't slow down and start paying more attention. I remember his exact words. "Don't ever get that excited over another man's timber. It's not worth your life." It sunk in that day, and I'll never forget his words.

Eel

Bigfish, Blue Lake? Yes, it's on 299 just east of Arcata. An old lumber town. The Logger Bar is still there. I had plenty of good times there in days past. And some not so good:)

Eel

Yep lived there 30 years ago! Pulled chokers for a summer up there! Not fun!

Got my ass kicked a couple times in the logger! Bahahaha! There was a old

German guy that ran a cafe in that town that was was a hell of a cook! Sure

miss them days!

Speaking of Blue Lake......I caught a 42lb. King Salmon in Mad River behind town one day. Maybe my best memory of Blue Lake.

Eel

funny eelbut! Lost the biggest steelhead right behind my house on the mad because I was a dickweed using a mepps and crap line! 20lbs plus and steelhead lost and have bad dreams about that day! Right before the bridge going to the hatchery! Bummer

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-13 AT 08:55PM (MST)[p]Ok Eel! Tell me if this sounds right! Go over the bridge past the cook house and keep driving to north jetty!!!!! I Caught ling cod and blue cod on one side and flounder and perch on the other! What the heck am I doing in Utah? The hell with montana! I am moving kali!

"What the heck am I doing in Utah?"

Utah has Elk?:)

Still good fishing off the jetty! Redtails are running strong right now! Our ocean salmon fishing has been world class the last couple years too. Super good low tide this weekend with lots of Razor clams at Clam Beach. I'm going to hit it hard!

Good time to retire!

Eel

Ok I am going to call it now! Your just a tease! You through out a clam to a guy that shoots elk! just to see how fishy it can get! Congarts on pulling pin my friend!

Bigfish....when you were up there setting chokers in the woods did you ever meet or heard of a faller named Art Olives out of Hyampom area??
Art and I grew up together for a couple of years when our families lived in Mountain View down by San Jose in early 40's.

They called him the "Howling Coyote" when on the CB back then.

Brian

LAST EDITED ON Apr-24-13 AT 01:11PM (MST)[p]>Bigfish....when you were up there setting
>chokers in the woods did
>you ever meet or heard
>of a faller named Art
>Olives out of Hyampom area??
>
>Art and I grew up together
>for a couple of years
>when our families lived in
>Mountain View down by San
>Jose in early 40's.
>
>They called him the "Howling Coyote"
>when on the CB back
>then.
>
>Brian
>http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

No kilo I don't recall anyone with that name! Ya I only set chokers one season! that is one tuff job! Yep I know where mountain view is, I was born and raised in Cupertino until we moved to Santa Cruz in 1976! I sure missed the coast!

Last day today great working with you Steve.

Kyle

Don't catch all the Salmon before I get there...I'm heading to Fortuna to fish with an old falling partner..be there from the 11th to the 15th of July...he's been hammering the fish...Congrats on the retirement...it does get boring sometimes.....

Congrats eel...Enjoy.

Government doesn't fix anything and has spent trillions proving it!!!
Let's face it...After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says WTF!

Well Steve, today is the day for enjoying going there and walking out later and never look back. Is the Plant manager going to take you to lunch or is he a tightwad like Overton is to his crew?? Enjoy the freedom and no stress of work and do what YOU wnat to do everyday......be lazy! You deserve it.

Might make a surprise drive here in the near future and come up your way to get away from this HEAT down here.

Congratulations my friend.

To BIGFISH and Eel....I too started out as a choker setter in the woods at 17 and I too had a "few scary moments" that summer until a man I knew told me to LOOK for other work before you hurt or kill yourself....he taught me to drive the big rigs and worked for him the following year hauling them same damn redwoods...much easier for sure. Don't see many trucks anymore down this way haulng old growth Redwoods or even second growth.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Way to go Steve. Enjoy your coastal bounties, and have many more hunts out of your skull boat. Your friend, Jim.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-13 AT 08:44AM (MST)[p]One of my co-workers, turned supervisor, took me salmon fishing yesterday. The ocean was so flat with no cloud cover it made for tough fishing conditions. I still managed a nice limit though.

Deadred, thanks for the gift card! I'm proud of the way you stepped up to take my spot. You have a bright future as a saw filer. You will always be in demand anywhere you go.

Edit: Congratulations on the new baby coming in September! You were always smarter than the rest of us, planning that family leave time to fall during buck season.:)

Eel

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom